New Log Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badcop

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have been on here for a while now but I never post anything. I figured you guys would get a kick out of my new toy. Firewood has always been kinda a hobby for me since I was 15, I used the money to get me through high school. I started splitting it with a maul and finally bought my first splitter from Tractor Supply for $700 with the help from my grandma. Since the first 22 ton splitter I'm now 32 and have wore out 5 splitters. The welds break, several motors, hydro lines they just seem to fall apart over the years. I have always wanted a big splitter with a log lift 4 or 6 way wedge with all the options. It's always been a dream, some people dream for a car,house, lottery. I really like cutting wood so a big splitter has always been my dream. I have been looking at the timberwolf tw-7 for years !! After doing my research and reading a lot on here my dream machine has switched to the built-rite 24D with the 35 hp kubota diesel. So 2 weeks ago I called and put the down payment down on it. If all goes as planned it should be here sometime in the middle of June. I will keep you all posted and I will try to figure out how to load pictures before it gets here. :rock:

That's a nice splitter, how long did he take to build that? I will make sure to post pics as soon as it get's here. Thanks for the comments

I coulda hooked ya right up, real reasonable.

That's an Awesome Machine.... wish i had something like that right now. I've been splitting a bunch of Hard Maple and oak that's between 30"-40"
I have to use a wedge and sledge hammer to quarter them so i can lift them onto the splitter.
a couple of them i had to split with the chainsaw.

I have been on here for a while now but I never post anything. I figured you guys would get a kick out of my new toy. Firewood has always been kinda a hobby for me since I was 15, I used the money to get me through high school. I started splitting it with a maul and finally bought my first splitter from Tractor Supply for $700 with the help from my grandma. Since the first 22 ton splitter I'm now 32 and have wore out 5 splitters. The welds break, several motors, hydro lines they just seem to fall apart over the years. I have always wanted a big splitter with a log lift 4 or 6 way wedge with all the options. It's always been a dream, some people dream for a car,house, lottery. I really like cutting wood so a big splitter has always been my dream. I have been looking at the timberwolf tw-7 for years !! After doing my research and reading a lot on here my dream machine has switched to the built-rite 24D with the 35 hp kubota diesel. So 2 weeks ago I called and put the down payment down on it. If all goes as planned it should be here sometime in the middle of June. I will keep you all posted and I will try to figure out how to load pictures before it gets here. :rock:

You will be very happy with the Built-Rite splitter. I have a Brute Model 106 over 20 years old and still going strong! It's split 100's of cords over the years.

That's an Awesome Machine.... wish i had something like that right now. I've been splitting a bunch of Hard Maple and oak that's between 30"-40"
I have to use a wedge and sledge hammer to quarter them so i can lift them onto the splitter.
a couple of them i had to split with the chainsaw.

When I have those big pieces to split I just tip the splitter up and use it vertically. It does still kind of suck as I have bad knees however it still beats quartering the pieces by hand. I'm assuming your splitter doesn't tip up?

Thanks for the comments again, I have been reading some more post on built-rite and now I'm a little worried. I read one post on here where on guy bought the same splitter I just ordered and returned it because it wouldn't do what they said it would. Anyone know anything about this ? Thanks

Good looking splitter. Looks like you can take that thing out and 4x4 with those tires :msp_biggrin:

I kinda like these two guys made at home on our local Tractor forum :] Both 30T, lift tables, 4/6 way splitting mean machines. PTO driven from tractors.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xBdaHNMrLF4?version=3&amp;hl=sl_SI"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xBdaHNMrLF4?version=3&amp;hl=sl_SI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j8M78mZFt8M?hl=sl_SI&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j8M78mZFt8M?hl=sl_SI&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

After doing my research and reading a lot on here my dream machine has switched to the built-rite 24D with the 35 hp kubota diesel. So 2 weeks ago I called and put the down payment down on it. If all goes as planned it should be here sometime in the middle of June. I will keep you all posted and I will try to figure out how to load pictures before it gets here. :rock:

I coulda hooked ya right up, real reasonable.

Guess I missed something here, but that engine looks nothing like a Kubota diesel.

When I have those big pieces to split I just tip the splitter up and use it vertically. It does still kind of suck as I have bad knees however it still beats quartering the pieces by hand. I'm assuming your splitter doesn't tip up?

No mine doesn't tip...I'm hoping to put a log lifter on it soon..
I'm in the process of gathering/scrounging parts..I have the lift cylinder and the steel so far
I still need a valve with power beyond, hydraulic hoses etc

In the video, I wonder why the worker took the last split and cut it in half? He took the split and turned it sideways across the wedge.

Plus, somebody tell me why have a 6 way wedge if the splits have to be re-split?

In the video, I wonder why the worker took the last split and cut it in half? He took the split and turned it sideways across the wedge.

Plus, somebody tell me why have a 6 way wedge if the splits have to be re-split?

I'm sure they just wanted to show off how strong their machine was in regards to shearing the wood in half.

Back