New Log Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That splitter looks like a nice machine for a two man operation. But I got tired watching him having to walk around the splitter every time he used the lift and picking the splits off the ground.

That splitter looks like a nice machine for a two man operation. But I got tired watching him having to walk around the splitter every time he used the lift and picking the splits off the ground.

I can't say I'm too impressed with that whole operation! Hell of a splitter though.

In the video, I wonder why the worker took the last split and cut it in half? He took the split and turned it sideways across the wedge.

Plus, somebody tell me why have a 6 way wedge if the splits have to be re-split?

I think it was to complete the splits that were still on the 6 way wedge, because the piston doesn't reach far enough to brake the last part where they connected so he placed the log between it.

Tbh, I'm not really impressed by it. It will probably go better when they are with 2 guys but still, the piston to move the wedge seems to move too fast imo, don't know if there is a flow control, the log lift ends up below the splitting area and he needs to roll in on the beam each time, no matter from what side, it isn't really easy to do it seems. Like the speed though!

Last edited:
Regarding the post about a 2 man operation, aren't most splitting operations a one man show to begin with? I for sure mine is. I have to operate what he does with my little, cheap Tractor Supply machine.

Regarding the post about a 2 man operation, aren't most splitting operations a one man show to begin with? I for sure mine is. I have to operate what he does with my little, cheap Tractor Supply machine.
Same here, with an axe for now :p

I have been on here for a while now but I never post anything. I figured you guys would get a kick out of my new toy. Firewood has always been kinda a hobby for me since I was 15, I used the money to get me through high school. I started splitting it with a maul and finally bought my first splitter from Tractor Supply for $700 with the help from my grandma. Since the first 22 ton splitter I'm now 32 and have wore out 5 splitters. The welds break, several motors, hydro lines they just seem to fall apart over the years. I have always wanted a big splitter with a log lift 4 or 6 way wedge with all the options. It's always been a dream, some people dream for a car,house, lottery. I really like cutting wood so a big splitter has always been my dream. I have been looking at the timberwolf tw-7 for years !! After doing my research and reading a lot on here my dream machine has switched to the built-rite 24D with the 35 hp kubota diesel. So 2 weeks ago I called and put the down payment down on it. If all goes as planned it should be here sometime in the middle of June. I will keep you all posted and I will try to figure out how to load pictures before it gets here. :rock:

My apologies for my previous rather negative sounding post without even congratulating you. I thought that I already did that in the beginning that I started following this post, seems I was wrong.
So congratulations with the buy! It's always nice to get the chance to finally buy something that you have wanted forever!
The quality of the machine looks really solid. I don't think it will break down like your previous 5 splitters anytime soon! I've checked the specs but can't seem to find it, how many gallons per minute does it pump? I like the fact that you have chosen for the Kubota diesel, as far as I know, they are great engines! How many cords are you planning on splitting each year?

I have been on here for a while now but I never post anything. I figured you guys would get a kick out of my new toy. Firewood has always been kinda a hobby for me since I was 15, I used the money to get me through high school. I started splitting it with a maul and finally bought my first splitter from Tractor Supply for $700 with the help from my grandma. Since the first 22 ton splitter I'm now 32 and have wore out 5 splitters. The welds break, several motors, hydro lines they just seem to fall apart over the years. I have always wanted a big splitter with a log lift 4 or 6 way wedge with all the options. It's always been a dream, some people dream for a car,house, lottery. I really like cutting wood so a big splitter has always been my dream. I have been looking at the timberwolf tw-7 for years !! After doing my research and reading a lot on here my dream machine has switched to the built-rite 24D with the 35 hp kubota diesel. So 2 weeks ago I called and put the down payment down on it. If all goes as planned it should be here sometime in the middle of June. I will keep you all posted and I will try to figure out how to load pictures before it gets here. :rock:

there is a huge difference between your first tractor supply splitter and what they make now isnt there. I still have one i got around 20 years ago , i wore out 3 valves and an engine.The one i bought about 6 years ago has very few original parts left what didnt crack has bent or just plain broke
You will love the new one they wont be able to get you away from the woodpile now
BILL

Congards on the purchase I would like to see the new splitter ####! I would not worry about the 1 review for an unhappy customer its the internet could just be someone trying to scare people off from buying from them maybe? I have spent some time looking for a large splitter pourred over all the spitter sites I could find In the end I decided to build my own ( still not done 3 years later got all the pieces just need to fiinish) They all have very strong points. It seems like someone worked for someone else and left one company to start another Like all the splitters have some stolen ideas and thek next is an improvment on the previous one, at least when you start looking at design and layout, but really how differnt and improved can a hydrualic splitter be? -- Not much. I de-gress I do look forward to your review and pictures

The only question I have is did you look at All Wood splitters? It appears like they have the best bang for the buck IMO anyway. Anyway good luck:rock:

Latest posts

Back