new mail order Husky saws!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16:1mix

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was peeved when Baileys had to drop Husky mail order saw sales yet I can do an ebay search for "husqvarna 346xp chainsaw new" and there are a boat-load of new saws listed....some with included shipping. Whats up? Are these guys breaking the Husky rules and risking their dealer status or fencing them with the consent of a dealer?

I was peeved when Baileys had to drop Husky mail order saw sales yet I can do an ebay search for "husqvarna 346xp chainsaw new" and there are a boat-load of new saws listed....some with included shipping. Whats up? Are these guys breaking the Husky rules and risking their dealer status or fencing them with the consent of a dealer?

:agree2:

I would like to know the answer to this one also, as a Husqvarna dealer I have to abide by the rules.

I guess the Husqvarna Gestapo Force is not as efficient as the STIHL Gestapo Force!

I think you actually have to call those places to order a saw. Thats how they get around the internet sales ban.

Husqvarna is such a joke of a company. Their dealers are the ones that get the shaft. There are MANY online dealerships that sell through their website. The new saws that you see on ebay are from dealers that don't give a crap about the rules or they are the exception to the rule.

You got TSC, Sears, Lowes, and now even Amazon.com to compete with.

Shoulda been a STIHL dealer.

Husqvarna is such a joke of a company. Their dealers are the ones that get the shaft. There are MANY online dealerships that sell through their website. The new saws that you see on ebay are from dealers that don't give a crap about the rules or they are the exception to the rule.

From your perspective Flim I understand what your saying.

From my perspective I was shopping around and was offered a deal I couldn't pass up as with most of my purchasing which is over the internet unaware of the politics involved. This was a coupla year ago.

BTW one was a saw shop the other I can't remember but his normal trade wasn't in saws, by any stretch.

Is Husky a joke of a company or are the dealers giving Husky a bad rap? Rules are rules right, Husky police can't be everywhere so who's fault is it? Could be both who knows but I think focus should be more on the dealers than the parent company.

I think you actually have to call those places to order a saw. Thats how they get around the internet sales ban.
I bought a husky online, but it was NOS of a discontinued model. Not sure but I see other buy-it-now auctions on ebay for new huskys.

I couldn't buy the saw in California so was glad they would sell it to me. :clap:

The thing that gets me about saw companies is how their websites will only show certain dealers (imagine the ones that stock full lines). I was seriously considering a Husky for my last saw but the closest dealer was shown to be 30 miles away. Turns out there is a dealer about 5 minutes away I didn't know about. Talk about the parent company shafting a dealer.

The thing that gets me about saw companies is how their websites will only show certain dealers (imagine the ones that stock full lines). I was seriously considering a Husky for my last saw but the closest dealer was shown to be 30 miles away. Turns out there is a dealer about 5 minutes away I didn't know about. Talk about the parent company shafting a dealer.

If you are not a Total Source Dealer (purchase $250,000.00 of required units) you will not show up as a dealer on their website. I do not have a need to stock riding mowers, zero turn mowers, tractors, snow blowers, and etc in my area. 99% of the yards in this area con be mowed with a 21" push mower or push type reel mower. We also get little or no snow here annually.

So I don't show up as a Full Line Dealer on their website, who gives a RA?

:angrysoapbox:

Stihl does the same thing only worse.

Thier website will only list those dealers who have paid the $$$ to be listed for pick up web sales, not those closest.

My local Stihl dealer competes against Menards,TSC,Wal-mart, and two other Stihl dealers within 30 Miles.. Him spending the $$$ would be stupid, so Stihl sends buyers out of town. Brilliant. Then when he takes on Efco to support the Menards sales with Maint., the Stihl rep busts his nuts for having them in the shop...Brilliant.

Corporate Stihl couldn't pimp Shania Twain at a Sex addicts convention.
It's a good thing most of thier Saws have reputations that sell themselves.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Thier website will only list those dealers who have paid the $$$ to be listed for pick up web sales, not those closest.

My local Stihl dealer competes against Menards,TSC,Wal-mart, and two other Stihl dealers within 30 Miles.. Him spending the $$$ would be stupid, so Stihl sends buyers out of town. Brilliant. Then when he takes on Efco to support the Menards sales with Maint., the Stihl rep busts his nuts for having them in the shop...Brilliant.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Awwwwwwww but Stihl has guys like me to that do know what they're talking about to correct those that don't, people like you. Your whole post is total BS.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

:agree2:

I just looked at the Wise website. Man I bet Baileys is wishing they could sell Husky online like Wise does. I guess Baileys doesn't have the pull like Wise does with Husqvarna.

So you bought your Husky from Wise because your a cheapskate, fair enuff. I wonder why Wise is cheaper than your local dealer, any idea? I noticed when I bought my Husky from Baileys a few years ago they were alot cheaper too.

Tommie,

Don't ya feel bad about not have ole CS as a customer? :dizzy:

'Bout the same as not having Double R as a customer? Remember ole Double R? Is CS his newer, more honest handle?

Just musing,

ole joat

Latest posts

Back