New Member and New Saw Owner...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's crazy though I use regular oil in my truck change it every 3000 use full synthetic in the wife's SUV and change every 5000. Y would any one sacrifice lubrication in an engine. That's what keeps it going.

I'm same as you with lube, but when a company claims superior lubrication with their product giving you longer engine life it sounds like a great deal at the time.

I do like my Echo's nothing fancy but they always get the job done. And the Del 590 is just plain fun to run. What @AnthemBassMan doesn't know yet is saws multiply like rabbit's.

It's the weirdest thing. I have one saw then somehow 2 then 4 and now 5. I need to keep these things away from each other they keep reproducing lol.

I do like my Echo's nothing fancy but they always get the job done. And the Del 590 is just plain fun to run. What @AnthemBassMan doesn't know yet is saws multiply like rabbit's.

Oh, I understand how that works. I also have a few guns and guitars. G.A.S.-aka Gun/Guitar Acquisition Syndrome! Oh, and I'm also buying my Wife a rabbit later today. Why does everything I get have to multiply?!? Anyhow. Here's a cheesy pic because no one on here has ever seen a chainsaw before!:crazy:
IMG_2360.JPG

L8R,
Matt

Oh, I understand how that works. I also have a few guns and guitars. G.A.S.-aka Gun/Guitar Acquisition Syndrome! Oh, and I'm also buying my Wife a rabbit later today. Why does everything I get have to multiply?!? Anyhow. Here's a cheesy pic because no one on here has ever seen a chainsaw before!:crazy:
View attachment 577748

L8R,
Matt
Just make sure the tune is safe before you run it hard. Lots of Echo have met an early demise due to lean factory carb settings.

pics? if not, what yr was the penton? I rode mx, early 70s. admired ISDT tho.

No pics, but it was a 1970. Bought it off my friend for $100 in 1978. My Dad and I repainted it yellow and had to replace both fenders because my friend took quite a few spills on it causing the original fenders to trashed. It ran great and would outrun my buddies Yamahas, Hondas, and Kawasakis of the mid 70s era.

L8R,
Matt

One more question. My saw came with the typical low pro/safety chain. What would be a recommended replacement chain when I need a new one?

L8R,
Matt
I run Carlton because its what my dealer has on rolls. My 590 came with Oregon lpx it cut well but the Carlton is cheaper for me to buy.

Well I finally got to get my Echo into some wood. It was a small dead white pine maybe 8-10 inches across at the base. That little Echo pulled through it pretty decent. I cut up a bunch of biscuits and was throwing them on the fire. The carb settings from the factory seemed pretty good. It would start 4 stroking when I'd start the cut, then it would clean up as it dug in. Here's an after the action pic for you all.
IMG_2377.JPG

L8R,
Matt

Latest posts

Back