New member checking in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed*L

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi All!
Nice place you have here, with tons of knowledge. I've been lurking & snooping for a while & thought I'd sign up.
I'm not in the tree service for a living, more of a "prosumer". I do some logging for myself (mostly salvage) and cut around 100 face cord of firewood per year.

Ed

Welcome. Knowledge abounds here... Sometimes we all get a little silly, but...

...and more than anything :notrolls2:

computeruser said:
Welcome! Always nice to see more Michigan folks around.

Since you're from MI, you'll have to try to make it to our October 7th GetToGether in Frederic.
Dude, Thats Deer Season.

Oh Ya see you around the site Ed*L

manual said:
Dude, Thats Deer Season.

That is why chaps are blaze orange and saws should be loud. If you you will be shooting the deer take the chaps anyway, as I am told that some deer are nasty knife fighters and occasional shin biters.

Welcome, to the site new poster. Make sure to post all questions as well thought out inquiries, to speel every word coorectly,,,,, and to punctuate abundantly. Never have to many punctuation''''''s...

Also answer all question with authority and attitude, even if you do not know what the question is.

Have fun, enjoy the reading.:D

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm looking forward to contributing when I can.

computeruser: I appreciate the invite.....I'll have to see what's on my schedule. I'm guessing a chainsaw is required for admittance? Any particular brand or minimum size?

Ed

Ed*L said:
Thanks for the welcome!
I'm looking forward to contributing when I can.

computeruser: I appreciate the invite.....I'll have to see what's on my schedule. I'm guessing a chainsaw is required for admittance? Any particular brand or minimum size?

Ed

It's just a fun thing, no saw required - bring what you've got and try it out, or just show up. Works great either way.

We ran everything you could think of last time, from HELSEL's crazy 3120 to Carvinmark's MS200 with a carving bar on it. Here's the thread about our last GTG, complete with some pics (pics don't start until after post 100):

http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=35226

Welcome fellow Michigander.

The GTG at carvinmarks house is all about getting together and having fun. Bring a saw, dont bring a saw, doesnt matter. Mark is a carver and does allot of Cedar Post furniture, if anything its neat to just see his shop and what he does.

So.......... I finally know what the heck "GTG" means. Sounds like it could be fun. What do you guys do at these things? I might want to do one at the store some Saturday. Run the sawmills, 5100's on sale for $350, got some 372's left, nice fall day, pot of chili. Is that the idea?

There is a somewhat famous place near here. You can look it up in the travel guides and beer books. It's called the Country Inn. Over 500 beers from around the world. First round's on me Lake!

Welcome Ed, like GASoline says bring waders but also a good shovel comes in handy as on occasion it gets piled high.lol.

All kiddin aside great site, lots of knowledgable folk and after about a week or so you"l likely have a very powerful urge to buy a saw ya don't really need, ( and so the collection begins. lol. ).

Doc

doc874 said:
Welcome Ed, like GASoline says bring waders but also a good shovel comes in handy as on occasion it gets piled high.lol.

All kiddin aside great site, lots of knowledgable folk and after about a week or so you"l likely have a very powerful urge to buy a saw ya don't really need, ( and so the collection begins. lol. ).

Doc

Thanks again for the welcome.

I picked up a 192T a couple of weeks ago.....I'm already ahead of the game. No, I didn't really need it, just one of those deals when after I picked it up, I set it on the sales counter & not the display shelf.
I couldn't help myself. :hmm3grin2orange:

Ed

CaseyForrest said:
Welcome fellow Michigander.

The GTG at carvinmarks house is all about getting together and having fun. Bring a saw, dont bring a saw, doesnt matter. Mark is a carver and does allot of Cedar Post furniture, if anything its neat to just see his shop and what he does.
Thanks Casey,
We had a great time and we will again!!!!
Mark

Back