New member...finally have some saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle1!

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have been a lurker for quite sometime :popcorn: Always makes my day reading some of the comments from the members here, ROFLWTFBBQ
I live on 5 acres in the middle of the Iowa cornfields. My property is full of silver maple, hackberry, thorny locust, mullbery and norway spruce. The weedy mulberries are almost eradicated :rock: The wood I have split with a maul I'm hoping to trade or sell for used saws because I don't have a stove and don't see myself burning all that wood camping.

Before coming to this site I had purchased an MS280. After reading this site it was time for a modded muffler and I questioned whether I bought the right saw :buttkick: It has been good to me so far but alot of my trees are at the end of their lifespan. Tried to cut the stump of a locust that broke apart in a wind storm. At 30" dia I gave up on it after awhile. This saw will be the limbing saw.

Recently I bought an 048 to get my hands wet working on saws and an 056 to handle that stump. I've become a good customer of all the Stihl used ebay parts stores. Can't wait for my PPE Xmas presents. Then I'll feel like a real wood cutter.

Latest posts

Back