New Member From Canada!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's not far from me then, I'm just on the north side side of Fredericton.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Thomas , Hammy
He's south in Lincoln , he's in the military .
He's coming this way this week (Ontario) , I'm giving him a new Echo CS-490 to take home to NB as he's burning wood now since he moved from ON this past summer .
Plans on buying wood from loggers and bucking/splitting himself .

Yeah this might be the first time I have found locals on a forum as well. Lincoln isn't far from us at all. We buy our hay there. Lots of military families around us as we are only 10 minutes to the base.

@nitehawk55 I am going to order some hardwood logs this winter and get them processed myself. We don't have much for hardwood on our land. Let me know if your son finds a good lead on some:)

@gearheadtom I am planning a 241 purchase next year so maybe I will make the journey accross the river and see you guys at work.

Welcome to the site.

My uncle has a Mini-Mac 30, what a short coupled little monstrosity. This chainsaw has "hospital visit" written all over it and it's the only chainsaw I have come up against that I refuse to work on. I bust a gut laughing when the saw in the video burst into flames, they should have saved the bar and chain though, a little modding and it can be used on a small Homelite.

Welcome to the site.

My uncle has a Mini-Mac 30, what a short coupled little monstrosity. This chainsaw has "hospital visit" written all over it and it's the only chainsaw I have come up against that I refuse to work on. I bust a gut laughing when the saw in the video burst into flames, they should have saved the bar and chain though, a little modding and it can be used on a small Homelite.
I think that's part of the reason I'm drawn to these little saws, most people hate them haha.

But don't worry, the min macs aren't my only saws haha. Among the running is a Jonsered 525, and a cheap 38cc Poulan. Plus, I'm currently waiting on parts for a Stihl MS280 rebuild project.

I think that's part of the reason I'm drawn to these little saws, most people hate them haha.

But don't worry, the min macs aren't my only saws haha. Among the running is a Jonsered 525, and a cheap 38cc Poulan. Plus, I'm currently waiting on parts for a Stihl MS280 rebuild project.

Welcome to AS! I should warn you the site becomes rather addictive. I'm personally trying to stay away from those cute little mini macs, but I know I will succumb sooner or later. Saw one in a scrap pile a while ago with what looked to be something like a 8'' bar. It was in pretty rough shape, but it was still really hard to pass up.

Latest posts

Back