New member here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffreyZirkle

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Been trying to get my email verification to work forever and day, so I have been just lurking for sometime now.

Btw
Everyone calls me Razz and my wife and I run a small firewood service in my hometown along with working full time.

Attachments

• received_211354655876985.jpeg
    received_211354655876985.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 47
More wood
660a9535b198b154431c5dadb817031f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Welcome Razz. Is that a timberwolf under that tarp?..
No just a Tractor Supply brand wood splitter but I have split a lot of wood with it already. I am still working on my MTD 31 ton, need to replace the battery and do a few bolt replacements.
437a9fa336d1cf2eeec081ac35202414.jpg
be8a252f97b729280a69c911986065b4.jpg

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard!

I also like to split my wood in squares, but where are your edge pieces? Looks like you don't have anything from the edge.
I do not, all my wood is center core, it is our flag ship. It's what sets us apart from the competition. That's why I sell wood all year long with very little downtime. I have seen days that I was 40 loads behind and not a single stick in my yard. But generally we stay about 6 to 10 loads in reserve.
We guarantee our loads to be 98% bark, rot and tree limbs free.

I do not, all my wood is center core, it is our flag ship. It's what sets us apart from the competition. That's why I sell wood all year long with very little downtime. I have seen days that I was 40 loads behind and not a single stick in my yard. But generally we stay about 6 to 10 loads in reserve.
We guarantee our loads to be 98% bark, rot and tree limbs free.

Do you get more $$ than your competitors for wood like that? What do you do with wood that has bark?

Do you get more $$ than your competitors for wood like that? What do you do with wood that has bark?
The goal is not to make more money per load, the goal is to make more per volume.

Wood with bark is sold to the camp grounds for fire pits. But for home heating, I do not sell wood with bark on it. My home heating customers get only premium wood.

When I first started, ever Joe Blow in the county was and is selling firewood. A few of the dealers now find it nonprofit able to compete with me, so they back peddled their business to mowing grass. My whole goal was to provide a superior service to my clients, stay busy and make a small profit for my family. But it had to be worth while to invest the time. I am a 2 man operation, just me hauling the stock in and my son splitting. I in no way want to break anyone's wallet. The day I focus more on profit than providing true service that a working man can afford is the day I stop selling firewood.
Although I would like to make more money, I have to stay focused on what my clients can afford.

I delivered a large stacked on load that measures on the heavy side of 3/4 of a cord of pure wood for 75.00. Every piece gives the best bang for the buck. What my clients recieve is all hardwood firewood that contains no bark. So they get all wood. I average a load a day for every day of the year, sometimes a little better. I have a steady supplement income that I can manage without fear that I will be over worked or behind schedule.

Back