New mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winch's

Top job Imbeachy ........ Now why didn't I think of that winch idea , much faster lifting than my jack's . Exellent Cheers MM

Last edited:
It is a 1953 Model 40. My dad bought it brand new in March of 53. I was 13 at the time. Years later I was working for a John Deere dealer and rebuilt the hydrolic system. I got the relief valve set a little to tight. Now when you pull the lever to raise the three point lift, something comes up. Either the load or the front of the tractor.. I am having fun doing this, my wife wonders what ails me.

Probably my favorite tractor, cut a lot of hay with that and a #9.....

Very nice job with the mill, I wasn't so creative so had to pay instead.

Had a good day on Saturday, tried out my new home made mill. It is patterned after a logosolmill. At my age I did not want to spend a whole lot of money, so I did the next best thing. Just a little tweeking to do yet, but it cuts pretty accurate. The log shown on the mill is about 18 inches by 8 ft. I cut 9 10inch boards and and a couple of 2x4

Good job Less, i wondered if you was still using your mill?

I was at the log/sawmill EXPO in Vermont this last weekend, sawing on Norwoods MX34 and 26. I thought maybe i'd see you there, i kept an eye out for you, but i never spotted you.

The show was pretty good, did you make it?

SR

Good job Less, i wondered if you was still using your mill?

I was at the log/sawmill EXPO in Vermont this last weekend, sawing on Norwoods MX34 and 26. I thought maybe i'd see you there, i kept an eye out for you, but i never spotted you.

The show was pretty good, did you make it?

SR

Still cutting with it, I didn't find out about the EXPO and i was not there, would have liked to have been there however. Lester

Still cutting with it, I didn't find out about the EXPO and i was not there, would have liked to have been there however. Lester

Too bad you didn't know about the show, i think you would have enjoyed it.

Folks were really enjoying seeing all the different mills run, and everyone that came by and ran Norwoods ML26 starter mill, agreed it is at the top of the heap. I was really impressed with how it milled those big logs there. It's absolutely the best starter mill i've ever sawn on.

I was glad to get some time in on the MX34 too, it has some upgrades from my LM2000...

Anyway, maybe i'll catch up with you at the next show...

SR

Too bad you didn't know about the show, i think you would have enjoyed it.

Folks were really enjoying seeing all the different mills run, and everyone that came by and ran Norwoods ML26 starter mill, agreed it is at the top of the heap. I was really impressed with how it milled those big logs there. It's absolutely the best starter mill i've ever sawn on.

I was glad to get some time in on the MX34 too, it has some upgrades from my LM2000...

Anyway, maybe i'll catch up with you at the next show...

SR

Yeah, let me know if there is another show somewhere here in the east. Lester

Latest posts

Back