New Multitek 1610EZ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a nice machine. do you have one or thinking of getting one?

Product-News-Pic.jpg

you can go to their web site and locate a dealer near you for pricing:

http://www.multitekinc.com/news.html

I was just kind of curious on the price. I like the size of these smaller processors as I don't sell enough to warrent the purchase of anything larger.

I got to make a few cuts with one at the Lake States Logging Congress in Escanaba last fall. I wasn't real impressed with it. I like my 14-12 Block Buster better. The 1610 didn't have a hydraulic control for the splitter wedge height and it had too many control levers. It also sat too low to the ground so the operator was hunched over the controls. I didn't like the loader arms either. There's no control as the logs come crashing down into the feed trough. The price tag on it then was around the 19,000 mark. I feel the 14-12 is a better value as it's a bit cheaper and has more features such as hydraulic height control for the wedge and fewer control levers. A 14-12 can be had with a live deck for less than the 1610. I've got nothing against Multitek equipment. I think it's good stuff but I think Block Buster's got them on this one. That's my take on it :cheers:

Back