New Paint and Some Brass

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nosmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I decided to give the ole wood burner a new paint job and a little brass. Spent less than $15.00 for the brass I did not have . Got the brass knobs on the top at Lowes and I had the brass used on the door and hinges in my shop.

I bought this one new in 1993 and used to use it in the shop for winter heat.
Decided in 2003 to move it into the house. One of the best decisions I have ever made. It sure keeps my TV room warm as toast no matter how cold it is outside.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Yes it is an outside air inlet and I just made it and installed it a few days ago. I have been using this stove in the house since 2003 and I had gotten tired of the draft across the cold floor towards the stove.

We've already had a couple cold snaps and I have had some fires with the new air inlet and so far it is working real well. I Only have to open the door when I begin a fire and let it build up and then shut the door and I have plenty of draft.

Looks like I may have a fire this evening as it is supposed to be about 41 degrees by morning.

By the way -- Buzz Sawyer -- I really like the quote above your signature.

Nosmo

Nice one.

When I was in school, and we had 2 acres, my mother removed the oil furnace and just put a wood stove in the house. We heated merely from light thinning of small trees in our extra acre.

In our 2 level home now, my wife and I are thinking about putting one downstairs someday, and taking the stopepipe up through the floor and then through the cieling to get that much more heat on both levels.

:)

Back