new saw, 066 or 064 (again)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had one that rubbed on some dirt on the filter, and got plugged up, but you could still see through it, and long story short, in the trailer it would run like a raped ape, even with the air filter on, but i was always putting the skin on after i messed with it and was ready to go ride, chased te issue for 2 days and tore the bike down to the fram,case....simple stuff always bites you the hardest i guess.

If it were me....I'd run the wire-caged Uni foam filter with a pantyhose pre-filter...yeah, I know, it's hard being seen in the store buying pantyhose or stealing your wife's, but performance requires sacrifice.

dont think i have seen the uni. is the one i have on my 064 not a good enough filter in your guys' opinion?

attachment.php

The foam weenies are fine, as long as they're oiled and cleaned regularly. I have some of the UNIs, I'll bring one down with me. You can supply the panty hose...

(I have some used intake parts also that I can bring)

i like the look of brads with the cover, looks real nice, but there is something to be said for the stock system, they look soo much cleaner and neater. jusy my opinion.

I ran stock filters for a long time cutting logs and fighting fires. In fact, the current stock system hands down is the best for working on fires. A lot of the log cutters here are still running the weenies.

i got the saws with the stack adapters, so that is why there is one on the 064, and probably will be on the 66, I have more money into the chain on the 64 than the rest of the saw. hard to spend money on a free saw for some reason...

I believe baileys has those clutch covers for around 45 bucks if my memory serves me, also get an outerwears prefilter way easier to clean than pantyhose.

Last edited:
Why buy a stihl clutch cover for 45 dollars when you can get them from china for £2.00, or am I totally nuts? Been uning them for years.

REALLY, I sawed down the Joshua tree whilst you were shittin nappies, now, buisness... I have a 064.. even younger than me (65) can I fit it into 066 chassis with the 066 covers and recoil fitting?

Latest posts

Back