New Saw and Today's Cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flotek

flotek

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm not familiar with the 545 but I do know the 550 and 562 I'm assuming it's similar in design to these saws but a smaller displacement ? Looks very much like my 562

woodchipper95

woodchipper95

ArboristSite Guru
I'm not familiar with the 545 but I do know the 550 and 562 I'm assuming it's similar in design to these saws but a smaller displacement ? Looks very much like my 562

The 545 is built on the 550 platform it doesn't have revboost and a few other things that the 550 does, but you are right very close saws.

cat-face timber

cat-face timber

Knot Bumper
That sure is a pretty saw.
Just one question though.
Lets say I mixk my fuel 40 to 1, and you mix yours 45 to 1, does the saw care?
I would love to get one, but my current Huskys do not wear out, they just keep cutting and cutting and cutting!
:)

woodchipper95

woodchipper95

ArboristSite Guru
That sure is a pretty saw.
Just one question though.
Lets say I mixk my fuel 40 to 1, and you mix yours 45 to 1, does the saw care?
I would love to get one, but my current Huskys do not wear out, they just keep cutting and cutting and cutting!
:)

You best believe it cares. With AutoTune all you do is start it up make a few cuts and it will be tuned to your 40:1 mix! The saw makes the carb adjustments.

flotek

flotek

Addicted to ArboristSite
My saw was filled with husky pre mix fuel after that I switched to klotz race oil then I switched the air fuel ratio by opening up the muffler . The auto tune corrected with each change . You just need to bury the bar and run high rpm till it trains itself . Very slick I suspect the oil ratio change would be similar results . Seems The auto does a fantastic job of calibrating itself

flotek

flotek

Addicted to ArboristSite
lol I have a Stihl weed eater too
It is light and cuts well although sometimes a bear to start . Stihl must have sold 20 kazollion of those fs45 weed wackers. Why didn't stihl put an auto tune and good vibration control on my weed wacker ?

woodchipper95

woodchipper95

ArboristSite Guru
lol I have a Stihl weed eater too
It is light and cuts well although sometimes a bear to start . Stihl must have sold 20 kazollion of those fs45 weed wackers. Why didn't stihl put an auto tune and good vibration control on my weed wacker ?

I think thats what mine is mine starts just fine. Its just a little thing hahah

Latest posts