New saw for the collection.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Native

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well i dug this one out of the pile at work for months i didn't know what it was.

well push can to shove and i was on hold with a suppler waiting to get parts for some equipment and walked out back and started looking it over close and saw the motor plate and it just had to follow me home.

it is a Wards WD-99 with the west bend 820 motor 8.2 CID this is no mini mac! :dizzy: :dizzy:

Last edited:
ozflea said:
Nice find there old mate, another hot saw on the way i'd say ?

Whats bits and pieces like to obtain engine wise ?

Mc Bob.

this motor is still manufactured to day by "US Motor Power" it is a go kart racing motor (west bend Power Bee model us820)

it looks like something that could be a really neat stock or modded saw for racing. I love the design of it, modular, and easy to take apart. btw, why was it taken apart?

Hot Saw on the way

well i got it painted the housings and rebuilt the carb and cleaned up the bar and chain.

i still have some work to do on the throttle linkage and carb tuning.
and i need to find some good sharp square filed 1/2" pitch chain.

but it is comming to life slowly.

hows the wd-99 coming

i was looking through old posts on west bend powered saws and was wondering if you ever ran yours and how it cuts.i have a lancaster 820 i'm redoing.any ideas on replacement clutches?
sean

Back