New saw info from the Power Show

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was at the Power Show in Columbus today and sure was lots of new to me saws there. I dont hang here as much as I do the firewood board so maybe old hat?

Stihl wasnt there

Echo. everything now orange, we knew that was coming. New model saw to me was the 680, 8000 is now orange but kept same model number and looks like no changes. 530 is same way I think, no changes looks like an orange 520, I was hoping they had included the air cleaner mods installed on the 370-400 but no go

Shindaiwa, 2009 catalog. Gone is the 446:mad: and the 490: along with every saw smaller than a 488 New is the 502 at 50CC and 326 that looks like a 360 echo in red.

757 is still cataloged:clap: We own models 446 and 757 and like both very well.

Husky, I am not a 'spert on them, only new to me saw was 576 which looks interesting. 372 is stillin the 2009 catalog.

Red Max had a new saw at the show that is bigger than the 621, number escapes me and they had no literature left:mad:

All I can remember. Will be fun looking through the 2009 catalogs the next couple evenings

Kickass. I'd like to try out a 576. The new Redmax sounds cool too.

Im bummed to see the Echos go to all orange.

Sounds cool. Haven't been to the Power Show in a while. Used to like to go to the "Paul Bunyan" show to see all the new stuff. Haven't been there since they moved it from Nelsonville, but would like to go back. Someone told me it wasn't as good as it used to be. Anybody have any input on that logging show. Might like to go this fall.

The Shindaiwa 502s looks like a big-bore 446s. What I've heard so far is that it weighs the same as the 488, and although the specs show less power than the 488, (The specs are preliminary) Shindaiwa says the 502s was significantly faster in the cut during timed cuts between it and the 488.
Other interesting features:
Standard flocked air filter, nylon optional
Standard double spikes
Angled chain tensioner (same as 446s)

Echo. everything now orange, we knew that was coming. New model saw to me was the 680, 8000 is now orange but kept same model number and looks like no changes. 530 is same way I think, no changes looks like an orange 520, I was hoping they had included the air cleaner mods installed on the 370-400 but no go

The new CS-530 is 50cc as opposed to the 52cc of the 520. I have also seen the new 530 and it looks just like my 370. Which I love.

Just wish the guys in the boothes were a little more on the ball. Stopped at the Jonsered booth, asked what model was eqivalent to a 346xp. Could they tell me, hell no. Really wanted to get hold of one to see how it felt in my hands. Apparently you dont need to bring pro level saws to a show geared toward professionals.

Ha, All of those chainsaw guys didn't know a whole lot when I went last year. The husky rep was a prick. The echo guy was alright. Shindaiwa guy was informative and offered to send me a free oregon chain. Gave him my address, nothing ever came.:censored:

The companies that impressed me with both hospitality and products when I went were Scag, Rayco, Wright and Great Dane.

The new CS-530 is 50cc as opposed to the 52cc of the 520. I have also seen the new 530 and it looks just like my 370. Which I love.

The 520 is also 50cc. I think the 530 still has the 50cc, but has went to a 2 ring piston.

TFB

The 520 is also 50cc. I think the 530 still has the 50cc, but has went to a 2 ring piston.

TFB

I stand corrected. I just reviewed the specs again. I am happy with my saw so far. I hope to get a CS-530 soon. Or maybe a Dolmar 5100s

Last edited:
Ha, All of those chainsaw guys didn't know a whole lot when I went last year. The husky rep was a prick. The echo guy was alright. Shindaiwa guy was informative and offered to send me a free oregon chain. Gave him my address, nothing ever came.:censored:

The companies that impressed me with both hospitality and products when I went were Scag, Rayco, Wright and Great Dane.

Same here, Rayco is local to me Wright and Scag reps are always top notch. Exmark guys remind me of the Stihl reps at shows, noses just a notch too high for me and I do like my Stihls, and Exmarks

Originally Posted by tallfarmboy

TFB
520 has two rings

Back