New saw question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfdast

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking for a new work saw, 32" bar but hung up on brand. Looking at sthil and husqvarna. Not sure which and what size. I will be porting and nodding it but it is for work. NO BS which way do I need to go. Have friends that are loyal to both and I do like both seems sthil is priced higher and that's it!
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

I know the thread is past due and all, but why would you ask a "no BS" question get an answer then never reply?

Been out of touch for a while

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Old post I'm jumping into here but for a stihl and correct me if I'm thinking wrong builders, maybe a 441, for sure 460 and 660 Or the '0' model of those also.

For husky I'm not certain the series model numbers but I'm thinking 372, 390, 394 range would do ya for a 32" bar. Like I mentioned I run stihl but hooskies are good saws and am unfamiliar on models but I'm thinkin 372 and 441 are around same range and a 390 and a 460 maybe same range but I'm probably all wet haha

+1 on the 390xp with the 661 the choice for Stihl. Used would be 288, 385, 390, 064, and 066. 32" bar is generally mid 90cc territory. Yes both of my ported 372's will pull a 36" bar all day long, however it is hard on them and a 390 balances much, much better with a 32" bar. This makes the saw feel lighter than the heavier 390 IMHO.

Back