New Saw,sadly.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubster

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Building fence along a busy highway,I am 200 feet away from where my Husky 545 MK II was sitting. Five minutes later I look back saw is gone.But I did replace it today with this pretty young lady. 18" semi-chisel ,hope it even comes close to my 545.

Attachments

• 20220902_193659.jpg
    20220902_193659.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
You have a better outlook on theft than I do. I hope the chain comes off and cuts a main artery on the scumbag that stole it. I hope your new saw is more than you hoped for, and gives you a lifetime of good service.👍

You have a better outlook on theft than I do. I hope the chain comes off and cuts a main artery on the scumbag that stole it. I hope your new saw is more than you hoped for, and gives you a lifetime of good service.👍
Thanks man.I am sure the scumbag that took it will never use it,or even know how to start it.But maybe someday down the road somebody will get a good buy on a good saw at a pawn shop.

Never had a saw stolen. Years ago I was doing a spring cleanup in a bad area of a city. I was finishing out front and had the truck in back loaded with equipment. I picked up my tools and headed to my buddies to de thatch his lawn. Got there 45 minutes away and my backpack blower is gone. The real pain of it was, that Kawasaki was 2 years old. It was the second piece of power equipment I’d ever bought new, $350, a ton of money to me 12 years ago. We had just bought our first house, I didn’t have a lot of disposable income.
Some junky drifted by, waited till I wasn’t looking and stole it. Likely pawned off for drug money. I’ll never not be angry about that.

Sadly this happens all too often any more. Had a friend get his saw stolen right out of his truck at a gas station. Had a contractor have a bunch of small power equipment taken off a road widening project, when the shut down for lunch. Sad times. Hope your new saw works great for you.

Building fence along a busy highway,I am 200 feet away from where my Husky 545 MK II was sitting. Five minutes later I look back saw is gone.But I did replace it today with this pretty young lady. 18" semi-chisel ,hope it even comes close to my 545.
Sorry to hear your saw got snatched. I have a 2019 model 545 mark II I really like it.

I hate thieves so much, particularly a thief that would steal a person’s tools.
For all they know, those tools and the skill to wield them are keeping a whole family warm and fed.
Scumbag should lose a thumb or two.

I’m interested in how you find the 550xp versus the 545. Essentially the same 50cc saw plus crank stuffers and some other pro tidbits. Let us know if there is any noticeable difference. The 550xp does not have the pull start assist the 545 has so may pull over harder.
When my son was looking for a saw, I recommended the 545 to him. I’ve run it once and liked it.

I’m interested in how you find the 550xp versus the 545. Essentially the same 50cc saw plus crank stuffers and some other pro tidbits. Let us know if there is any noticeable difference. The 550xp does not have the pull start assist the 545 has so may pull over harder.
When my son was looking for a saw, I recommended the 545 to him. I’ve run it once and liked it.
It will take me a few weeks to get it broken in,but my initial start up cut is telling me that acceleration is going to beat the 545 by a good margin.I ran a 16" on the 545 and the 550 has an 18".As far as pulling over,I really see no difference.I really hate to admit it,but after a wrist injury there were times I wished my 545 had a decomp valve.I will keep you updated as the break-in continues.So far I am still on the tank of mix the dealer put in it.

My 545 has a decomp. I didn't realize the mk2 doesn't have one.
I honestly did not know that any 545 ever had a decomp.I am thinking mine was made in 2018,as it had an "18" under the top cover.Maybe something about the "Smart Start" system and they found decomp wasn't needed.

Latest posts

Back