New Saw setup help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Userj8670

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Morning !

I am now the proud owner of a NOS Dolmar 6400 with the 7910 top end . First impressions are wow this is a beast!

I have read about tuning the saw and "four stroking" which I have found some threads on . But what I haven't been able to find is what tool I need to tune this? I'm scared to run it for fear of damaging it.

Anyone care to give me a brief walkthru on the commonly accepted practices for a new saw setup and tune?

Of course here are pix 20180906_195923.jpg 20180906_195902.jpg

Beautiful saw! There are plenty of tuning vids on YouTube, but there are many that imo suck. Brad Snelling has a real good one.

Your saw has a rev limited coil, so tuning by ear will be a little harder for a novice. You'll get it though. To damage your saw you would need to run it lean for more time than you will just tuning it. You could always pick up a tach to assist.

I did go on YouTube and was unable to find a video tuning said saw that was specific enough? I am a novice and certainly have concerns but id give it a try - that's how you learn anyway.

But! I have seen it requires a special tool?

Latest posts

Back