new saw tuning help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtismace

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
have a new 385 xp its got about 10 tanks of gas through it just wandering how long I need to wait before I can turn it wide open on the high side thanks

curtismace said:
have a new 385 xp its got about 10 tanks of gas through it just wandering how long I need to wait before I can turn it wide open on the high side thanks

your dealer should have told you.

mine told me to run it like I rented it. To be fair, as I get sued to it, she's getting a pretty easy break in, but the WORST i heard was to take it easy first tank of gas then GO FOR IT!@@

curtismace said:

Turn it wide open on the high side?
Pretty sure you don't want to do that - maybe lean it out a little and get the RPMs you want.
If you have run 10 tanks of fuel through the rings should be seated - you may want someone to dial your carb in for you - at least thats the way its sounds.

After 10 tanks of gas you should check it / have it checked out with a tach. The 385XP Max RPM is 13000. Your dealer should do this for you at no charge if he is a good guy. We normally set new saws up as rich / slow as the limiter caps will allow. When the come back in after 10 tanks or gas they normally need very little or no adjustment as they tend to increased in rpm as they break in.

Back