New saw!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those heated handles will come in handy when it gets to -15*C. You'll love'm then!

That's a good buy. I'm in New Brunswick and the retail on those is close to a grand if I recall right.

I've got to get the heated handles working on my 372. I was cutting in -25c and my hands got cold and I was toast. Couldn't warm up. Same thing happened to the guy I was cutting with. We said screw it and went to the truck.

I don't think it has ever been -25C on record where I live. We do get lots of cold damp days though, and the moisture in the air makes it feel a lot colder. The heated grips seem like a nice bonus feature to have, just in case. I think the retail on the standard xp is $1029 here and the heated grips and 3/4 wrap handles are about $150 more.

Broke the new saw in today. Ran fantastic, cut 12 cookies in a 20" Douglas Fir to get it tuned in. Then proceeded to fill the truck with it!!! It has a big power advantage over the 550XP in the bigger wood for sure, and still not too heavy. I really like the saw, very smooth cutting, and the AV is fantastic!

Congratulations on your new saw. I just got my 562XP a few days ago and let me tell you, I am one happy customer. Cleaned my 5 acre property in no time from this Decembers big storm and built a decent wood pile to boot. Have about 3 tanks of fuel through it and on the last tank I noticed it getting beefier. Can only imagine after I have about 10 tanks through it. Also starts great cold or hot.

Have fun with it, I sure am

Thanks, have fun with your new saw too!! I was very pleased with how it ran, snappy, no hesitation off idle, smooth as hell. I would say it burnt half the fuel my Simonized 372 XPW would have. Cut a dozen 20" cookies, then a half cord of wood, still had over 1/2 tank of fuel. Saw started one pull every time with high idle set.

I agree on the fuel consumption. At one point I thought something was wrong. It literally sips gas. With the little amount of time spent filling gas and not having to adjust a carburetor, I find myself with plenty of time at the end of the day having a couple beers ahead of schedule:cheers:

I mixed my fuel 35:1 with Belray H1R, and 91 Octane E-free. I think with these auto tune saws they use less fuel, which equals less oil going through motor. These machines are high rpm'ers in the cut, and I think 50:1 may be some of the reason for the crank bearing failures etc. It's curious that Husky recommends using 50:1 with their oil, but 33:1 with others.

Yeah that's interesting, didn't know about that until looking into it now. Looks like most of the issues came from the pre-2013 saws, but seem to have fixed the bugs thereafter. I doubled up on the warranty by buying the fuel mixture and their premixed gas, which happens to be mixed at 50:1. I wonder if I should start mixing my gas at 40:1 just to be safe. I'm gonna look into it a little more and maybe give my dealer a call and see what they say.

Latest posts

Back