New sheriff in town!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelofDarkness

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Husky1.jpg

Husky2.jpg

Prepare to meet your maker. The 575XP will efficiently demolish your ass and any tree that gets in it's way. Can't wait to try it out later this week.

huh?

did i miss something.

75cc/3.8 hp?

i guess my ms361 is a federal marshall cuz it is 59cc/4.4 hp according to the stihl website.
surely there be a mistake here.

A lot, but still less than the MS441.

My bad, I think the brocure said 5.8 HP. I already gave it to my buddy.

Might get a chance to play with it later this week, if the weather doesn't get too bad.

Will this thing pull a 30-32" bar?

It will but that is about the limit. It would be happier with a 28" bar.

Depends on what you sink it in. Dry oak? Better run skip and forget there's dogs on it. Pine? Probably will hold it's own.

JMO,
Ian

I bought it mostly to cut up big oak logs, and some maple, so I will likely stick with the 28" that it came with. It appears to already have a partial skip chain on it, so that chain should just be screaming in the big hardwood.

my ms 440 does not like a 32 on it it's at the end of the limit, but a 25 works great on it. It's a fairly new saw too with only a few tanks through it

Thats the big gun huh? OK.

I wouldn't run that with a 32" in Oak myself, but thats me.

It's only a 28" on there now, I was thinking about trying a 32" on it. It's supposed to have a lot wider powerband than the 372xp, I'll have to see how it goes with the 28" first, if it feels like I need to put more load on it to slow it down in hardwood I'll go for the 32"

I also might put a 20" on there for general firewood cutting, that thing will just scream through the hardwoods then.

if it feels like I need to put more load on it to slow it down in hardwood I'll go for the 32"

I also might put a 20" on there for general firewood cutting, that thing will just scream through the hardwoods then.

Compared to the other saws you list it will feel like a monster. Compared to a 395 or 660 it'll feel gutless with that 28" bar.

A 28" is more load than optimal for a 70cc saw in hardwood. I prefer a 20" on them. It'll be easy to bog.

Latest posts

Back