New sheriff in town!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's got a bit more power than just any 70cc saw, the dealer said it will knock the pants off of a 372, the X-torq is supposed to have a lot wider powerband as well.

It's only a 28" on there now, I was thinking about trying a 32" on it. It's supposed to have a lot wider powerband than the 372xp, I'll have to see how it goes with the 28" first, if it feels like I need to put more load on it to slow it down in hardwood I'll go for the 32"

I also might put a 20" on there for general firewood cutting, that thing will just scream through the hardwoods then.

Compared to the other saws you list it will feel like a monster. Compared to a 395 or 660 it'll feel gutless with that 28" bar.

A 28" is more load than optimal for a 70cc saw in hardwood. I prefer a 20" on them. It'll be easy to bog.

This is more what I was meaning!!
I think a 28" is going to be a real good load in hardwood country!! I know members here that run 28"s, but not sure if it's hardwood. I cut a lot of Hedge, so there is no way I would try it!!!!
I think you will find a 25" will be just about ideal for what you are trying to do! Nice balance and plenty of power without bogging.
Now steppig down to the 20" you might want to look at getting an 8 pin sprocket for it, that would be a screaming limbing machine!!!

loggin'

Compared to the other saws you list it will feel like a monster. Compared to a 395 or 660 it'll feel gutless with that 28" bar.

A 28" is more load than optimal for a 70cc saw in hardwood. I prefer a 20" on them. It'll be easy to bog.

20" is all you see on 70cc saws here, for everyday timber cutting, in SW PA. There are even a few guy's that run 20" on their 660's and 066's, though. But the normal here is 20" on 70cc and 80cc-95cc is 24" and 100cc+ is 36" and up. You might get a few firewood guy's around here who think their bad a$$ with their 24" on their 044, but..........LOL!!:greenchainsaw:

Well I settled on that saw/bar length combo after running an old 272 with a 24" in some big sugar maple, the wood I seem to cut the most. I figured the extra power should pull the 28" bar through the same tree at about the same speed.

Nice unit there AOD!!

So not trying start a brand war, but how does this compair in price only to the Dolmar 7900? I know this is kind of a apples vs. oranges question but I have no idea how much one of these Huskies is worth.

:popcorn:

Nice unit there AOD!!

So not trying start a brand war, but how does this compair in price only to the Dolmar 7900? I know this is kind of a apples vs. oranges question but I have no idea how much one of these Huskies is worth.

:popcorn:

I'd have no idea, I did not shop for Dolmars because there is no dealer in this area, I was lucky to find a Husky dealer, this place is so Stihl saturated.

Husky1.jpg

Husky2.jpg

Prepare to meet your maker. The 575XP will efficiently demolish your ass and any tree that gets in it's way. Can't wait to try it out later this week.

Good looking saw, is that the new Auto Tune 575xp?

Glad your happy with your new saw! :cheers:

About the new Sheriff in town, funny you would use that term, as a Cop friend/cutting Bud has one, he is happy with it. I was not as easily impressed.

Nice smooth saw, gets with the program, balanced, but my 361 could hang right with it (or beat it hands down) at altitude.

Could not remember the price he got it for, good deal it seemed, but just my $0.02 cents worth, it should be a saw that could hang with a 440/441 , IMO it missed the mark.

It may be a better performer in the flatlands?

575xp

I bought it mostly to cut up big oak logs, and some maple, so I will likely stick with the 28" that it came with. It appears to already have a partial skip chain on it, so that chain should just be screaming in the big hardwood.

Just using my 575xp yesterday cutting down a Red Oak. I was using a 28" bar on my saw up in the woods. Down at the landing bucking up the log I was using a 20" bar.

The "sherrif" (575XP) was once a deputy (372XP) who ate too many donuts.:hmm3grin2orange: Ah, just messin' with ya. Nice unit. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

It's only a 28" on there now, I was thinking about trying a 32" on it. It's supposed to have a lot wider powerband than the 372xp, I'll have to see how it goes with the 28" first, if it feels like I need to put more load on it to slow it down in hardwood I'll go for the 32"

I also might put a 20" on there for general firewood cutting, that thing will just scream through the hardwoods then.

It's perfect with a 20" for firewooding. Don't even consider the 32" huge waste of money unless your cutting cedar. You're gonna see that the 28" is about the longest you'll want to have on it. Anyway congrats on a nice looking new rig.:cheers:

Has anyone tried clocking a little more ing. timming into one?

Having ran one, it seems that there might be a chance that Husky was a little worried about NOX emissions to give it a full ignition curve?

Just my $0.02 cents worth, not a pure ornge saw kind of guy, but I would bet a Dr. Pepper that giving the timming a good half a keyway advanced would pick it up a little? Or would be a good place to start?

personally i hate them....poorly engineered...a PITA to work on..hard starting...hard tuning...vibrate parts off of them...have a starter pulley handy for when that one breaks...along with a chainbreak handle...burn out crank bearings.....they also will woller out the case on the clutch side($150 for a new case whenever you have to put in new bearings) lacluster performance

but hey...that is just what i've seen from the loggers i work with around here that run them...

these are the same guys that gawk when i pull out my good running 460's, 660 or ported 066BB

if you like it and it works for you that is all that matters:cheers:

Last edited:
I've run a 32'' on mine in some dead elm and it wasn't impressive. My 575 seemed to perk up a good bit after break-in. I run a 24'' pretty much all the time on it and I think it runs good. Then again I had nothing to compare it to.
I just got a Dolmar 7900 and I can't wait to run it. I'll run them side by side and compare.

I did have a problem restarting it once when I was out in the woods and that really pizzted me off because I think that was like the 4rth time I used it.

Guys on here don't like these saws but when I see them on E-bay, they always seem to sell for alot so someone out there must Like them.

Good luck and have fun. Let us know how you like the saw.

Latest posts

Back