New shop, 3rd hopefully final!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
We moved in July. Bigger house, more land. Same town, same neighborhood even. Past few weeks I’ve finally had time to work on the garage. Unpacking, yard work/clearing, then doing the shed. Garage was next. Wife wanted her car in for the winter too. It’s not done and still some stuff that won’t stay there. But close. Next will be some shelving, jukebox will live in the basement. Need 2 men and a boy to get that down the stairs. 387EB7D0-DC61-496A-BB8C-E586B624BA87.jpeg5ABB399E-212F-4D15-A29B-0503145CC350.jpeg

We moved in July. Bigger house, more land. Same town, same neighborhood even. Past few weeks I’ve finally had time to work on the garage. Unpacking, yard work/clearing, then doing the shed. Garage was next. Wife wanted her car in for the winter too. It’s not done and still some stuff that won’t stay there. But close. Next will be some shelving, jukebox will live in the basement. Need 2 men and a boy to get that down the stairs. View attachment 1042732View attachment 1042733
Nice . I had two Wheel horse tractors like that . One I used for snow blowing the other I didn’t use at all . Got it from a client who’s husband bought it used it once in the fall and passed in the winter . She had it in the garage and had the service guy come out for years to service it get it running every spring . But she had landscaping done so it was never used.
I had it for 5 years and decided it was stupid keeping it sold it at a tractor show . Had about 10 hours on it

Nice . I had two Wheel horse tractors like that . One I used for snow blowing the other I didn’t use at all . Got it from a client who’s husband bought it used it once in the fall and passed in the winter . She had it in the garage and had the service guy come out for years to service it get it running every spring . But she had landscaping done so it was never used.
I had it for 5 years and decided it was stupid keeping it sold it at a tractor show . Had about 10 hours on it
I have 2 one is on my lift, just got a set of axle seals. The one in the picture has a bunch of 5/20 parts. The wide rear wheels, swept axle with reduction steering and the seat. Came from the factory with a rock shaft and 1 1/8” axles. I have a 37” mower and bagger. I’ve graded a lot of back yard with it.14997015-F97F-4A39-98D0-C10A2EDA81C7.jpeg9904C281-7FDA-403E-8A76-A4483A47CC16.jpeg

I am still rocking a very early JD 318 Onan P218G second motor, second deck. It just cuts grass and looks cool, Will go with my estate sale if I have my way.
Those 300-400 series tractors were great. From the 70s-early 90s you could get a real, rugged garden tractor. Mow with them, pull a mold board plow or put a Johnson loader on. JD still makes good ones 700 series, does case still? For the most part the consumer grade junk at box stores killed them. Why pay 3-5k for a tractor when they sold sheetmetal lawn tractors for $1000. For heavier work: kubota, mahindra, JD but not cheap.

One problem with a new, nice, clean shop is that you hate to work in it and get things dirty...

...but you get over it quickly enough.

Mark
Aw BS Mark. If you remember my son and I have been to your place many many years ago and I joked with you about there being no clutter. You opened a cabinet and said...."look there is some clutter up there" Your place is as neat and organized as any I have seen

The drill press is a walker turner from the 40’s. It was my grandfathers. I did a motor, belt and repaint 15 years ago. It’s a great piece of equipment. I also have his COLUMBIAN vise, and Wissota bench grinder. I have that mounted on a pedestal that was in the scrap pile at my old high school. So was the Pexto stake plate work bench.77F7382E-B25E-4BB1-82FB-C5245D4329CB.jpeg53F58B1D-19E3-4E53-BBAE-D8F13A338255.jpeg0DB4EA5E-3071-4E85-BB8F-387293A57E5B.jpeg

Wow some great looking old USA equipment. I picked up this old lathe last year, it’s up for a refurbish. The Wellsaw was another scrap find from my old highschool. The city will condemn equipment after a number of years I got the saw that way. I missed out on 2 Baldor grinders though! Makes me mad to think of all the good stuff that gets scrapped. These are at my maintenance garage at school. Forgive the messA65E0959-BB78-4A8C-96D5-94C6B217A8C8.jpegC2AB97BE-91E7-451F-9B1A-C02BAB51A460.jpeg

I have 2 one is on my lift, just got a set of axle seals. The one in the picture has a bunch of 5/20 parts. The wide rear wheels, swept axle with reduction steering and the seat. Came from the factory with a rock shaft and 1 1/8” axles. I have a 37” mower and bagger. I’ve graded a lot of back yard with it.View attachment 1042931View attachment 1042932
Found a picture of my dad using mine. His Deere was broke down D161A1EE-9C18-4C9F-8D58-C3E0BC7636E5.jpeg

Back