new silky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Stewart

John Stewart

ArboristSite Guru
Ok I am out of the dark ages and have joined the masses, today and bought my first japanese sword!
Zubat's are ????ed expensive eh!
So Butch and Xander you guy's think I should use my old scabbard?
I was thinking that but I wasn't sure it would stay in?
Later
John

xander9727

xander9727

The Silverback
I rarely lose my silky in the tree. Then again I rarely drop stuff period. I am always aware of it and the chain saw so I don't snag. I would use your old scabbard. Then again you could use the silky until you break it......cuz ya will.:D

P_woozel

P_woozel

ArboristSite Guru
Zubat fits fine in the 13" Weaver. I got the Ibuki in the 17" leather and it works slick. Think I'll drill a few 1/2" holes in it to help get the chips and crap out, maybe it will lighten it a touch too.

John Paul Sanborn

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Originally posted by Nathan Wreyford
That weaver/other belting scabbard usually gets ripped or cut:rolleyes: back to the top rivet. Then the saw gets dulled.

The zubat one sucks, but it has lasted almost 2 yrs. It may get retired for a Sugoi.

Yep, I was going to get some replacement blades for the Zubat, but will wait for the winter convention to look at the Sugoi now.

I'm probably done with the Silky pole saws though, they are just way to fragile for thier cost. I'll need a big job that will pay for a significant part of the cost of my damaged Hauyachi handle.

Curtis James

Curtis James

ArboristSite Operative
Some day when I can attach pictures I'll show ya how I attached a zubat to my ibuki. I use them both up there. I am using the plastic cases and was a little baffled by the straightness of the ibukis case but they both do great. They are really getting worn now though. I imagin I will replace the plastic with leather when the time comes because it seems more durable.