New soapstone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rburg44

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
image.jpg I got my new hearthstone delivered today couldnt wait to hook it up got that done now it requires 3 "break in" fires at lower temps to prevent the soapstones from crackin due to the moisture inside so i started a lil fire in it tonight not that its needed in MD right now but hey its new ya gotta try it out!image.jpg Got to see a few of the secondary burns go off which was kool and its still holding heat 3hrs later after its burnt out

View attachment 371860 I got my new hearthstone delivered today couldnt wait to hook it up got that done now it requires 3 "break in" fires at lower temps to prevent the soapstones from crackin due to the moisture inside so i started a lil fire in it tonight not that its needed in MD right now but hey its new ya gotta try it out!View attachment 371861 Got to see a few of the secondary burns go off which was kool and its still holding heat 3hrs later after its burnt out
beautiful stove and set up.it should keep you nice and warm this winter

Love our soapstone stove. The heat is very cozy, indeed. Will probably fire it up for 1st time of the season tomorrow evening. Congrats on the new stove. What model is that? We considered hearthstone before we bought the Woodstock Fireview refurb directly (nearly 1/2 price of new and was completely refurbished.) I like the style of the Hearthstone better, personally, but the Woodstock really performed well last year during a super cold winter.IMG_2451.JPG

Snazzy!

A coincidence, just fired up the Smogger for the first time this season! Tonight and tomorrow are coolish, 40s then 30s, so whut the heck.

Its the pheniox model i think its a new model this year also i got it from a place called glydon gardens gave me 10% iff so that was nice bonus

We have a Hearthstone soapstone stove in our family room and love it. It is great to go to bed at night and when we get up in the morning, the soapstone is still radiating plenty of heat off of the stone.
We are utilizing this stove alone to heat the 2800 foot home during the shoulder season until we fire up the Central boiler to heat the home and shop for the main part of the season.
You are going to love that stove.

Im hopin to heat my whole house through the full season i have a split level 2200ish square foot house its located in middle of house on lower level my old stove "smoke dragon" would do it without a prob hoping this will do it!

Cranked it up a lil more today for the 2nd "break in" had the top 3 coils all goin through what i call the reburn but pretty kool had a pile of liquid bout size of a half dollar on hearth pad im assuming some type of cleaner or sealant used...?

Back