New Speeco 22 Ton

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree. If it is killing the motor, the bypass is not working. When I got my Huskee(speeco) 22 ton, it did the same thing. The company sent me a new hydraulic valve and all is well. It never bogs and splits everything I put on it including tough elm.

Info

Hmmm.
I bought one of the 22 ton Speeco's, and it's in the shop right now because it won't "power through" the "tough" pieces. I'm splitting mostly Pine & Fir. My 25 year old Duerr 20 ton splitter would shear a piece of Pine in half if you put it in sideways. From what you guy's are saying, maybe 22 tons isn't as much as 20 tons used to be. Then again, maybe mine is worse than I'm imagining yours to be and they will fix it and I'll like my new splitter. Who knows?

Andy
I have a electric 20 ton electric log splitter. I have splitter every known wood that grows in southern Illinois and SouthEast Missouri. Some times I put a knotty piece up on the straight end. Then put it back the right way and split thru the split area. Later

I have been running my splitter for a while and it has not improved. I was running it yesterday and after not letting up and killing the motor twice, I started to get smoke around the pump and shut her down. Sent warranty card and email to SpeeCo explaining the problems-hope they get things fixed for me. I found out that they have a warranty center 4 miles from me. First thing I will do is apologize for not buying splitter from them, but I had no idea. I think some of the small businesses around here are simply not advertising due to the tough economy. Regardless, I contacted the company and I know where I can get parts/repairs now, so will hopefully have good news in a few days.

from what i have found matching cc to horse power through the briggs site... their saying that their engins are rated as a horse power for every 25 cc. the torque specks have me a bit rattled as of yet, but hope to find this is the best horse power/torque ratio conversion... i would like to have their 35 tonner tho!

I have been running my splitter for a while and it has not improved. I was running it yesterday and after not letting up and killing the motor twice, I started to get smoke around the pump and shut her down. Sent warranty card and email to SpeeCo explaining the problems-hope they get things fixed for me. I found out that they have a warranty center 4 miles from me. First thing I will do is apologize for not buying splitter from them, but I had no idea. I think some of the small businesses around here are simply not advertising due to the tough economy. Regardless, I contacted the company and I know where I can get parts/repairs now, so will hopefully have good news in a few days.

How'd you come out? I haven't heard anything on mine yet. Hope you're having better luck.

Andy

The local machine repair guy said the Lovejoy key slid down into the spider gears because of set screws on a collet that were not tightened at the factory or something real close to that. Anyway, Speeco covered everything under warranty and it runs like a champ now. If it can't split a knot, it just shears right through it.

Glad to hear your splitter is working. I think I'll go out and check the lovejoy on mine.

I thought he was BSing with the lovejoy thing, like blinker fluid, but that shows how much I know about hydraulics. The mechanic knew what he was doing though, it seems quieter and works great

Well, I found myself in town today so I stopped by the place that has my splitter.
They have it ready, it was the couplers.
When I took it in I was told by Speeco, and TSC that this was the authorized service center for my Huskee splitter. Funny thing is that when I got there I was the only one who knew that they were the "authorized service center for my Huskee splitter". They took it anyway (they do a lot of my repair work, and I buy a lot of my saws there) and said they'd get everything taken care of.
Well, Speeco still hasn't got them set up as the "authorized service center for my Huskee splitter", and they haven't been paid yet. I told them if they haven't been paid by the end of the week that I'd just pay for it. I've got wood that needs to be split, and winter is just around the corner. Looks like $999 for a 22 ton splitter may not be such a bargain after all. After all this I sure hope it works good and last a long time, because so far owning it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Andy

Andy,

This is Ron at SpeeCo. Please give me a call so I can get this resolved for you. My number at SpeeCo is 800-525-8322, Ext 1146. Thank,

Ron

My guys didn't know that they were a repair center either, but had it squared away in about 15 minutes on the phone. IIRC, Ron is who answered my original e-mail, so I'd give him a shot.

Being from ND finding a tree with more than 10 feet of straight timber is a challenge. So pretty much everything we cut is gnarly and full of crotches, so when I built my splitter, I used the old (more is better) philosophy. Seems to work good for me so far. I guess if you are burning wood as a primary source of heat like we do, you have to make sure that all your tools are up to the task. On the other hand if you have the time, or just enjoy screwing around with the whole wood cutting thing, then trial and error is ok too.

Latest posts

Back