New Stihl 261 C-M!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think so. I know the contours are a little different between the 260 and 261, but they both use the same double dawg kit from a 341. The inside of the new covers have some nice curves to help with chip ejection. I've not tried it, but I'll bet the 441 R cover will fit on the 261.
It does fit....My 441 will be back today from mastermind and Ill put the big clutch cover on it and take a pic.

Sorry. I couldn't wait because it's raining here. My saws aren't even muffler modded, let alone master mined. It looks like you could run the MS 441 R C-M dawgs on the MS 261 C-M VW if you wanted to. The have the same spacing on the mounts.

Enjoy!

null_zps495d8b8d.jpg

null_zpsbb9cbf10.jpg

null_zpsd7d1a6c9.jpg

null_zps7b36c774.jpg

null_zps0f8e7651.jpg

Sorry. I couldn't wait because it's raining here. My saws aren't even muffler modded, let alone master mined. It looks like you could run the MS 441 R C-M dawgs on the MS 261 C-M VW if you wanted to. The have the same spacing on the mounts.

Enjoy!

null_zps495d8b8d.jpg

null_zpsbb9cbf10.jpg

null_zpsd7d1a6c9.jpg

null_zps7b36c774.jpg

null_zps0f8e7651.jpg

Do you have a PN for the dual spike kit and roller that is on the 261 in the first pic? Not the big spikes like on the 441.

Masterminded 261c. 3/8 es bar, rs chain. Still on first tank...:confused:

Attachments

• IMG_20131123_210935017.jpg
    IMG_20131123_210935017.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
Nice, looks just like mine :)

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah, I haven't been able to put a lot of time in with the saw yet but she has run great with what I've cut so far. I can't wait to spend a few days really working it out. Right now I am running Motomix in it, easier to find than ethanol free around here and since we have a number of saws it didn't seem like a bad investment.

Got a 6 pack of Motomix, same idea though.

Has anyone else ran their MS 261 C-M again this year? I did today, but no pics so it didn't really happen. Here's one from last week:
uhahahe5.jpg

Did the clutch cover come with the chip deflector or did you add that on?

Has anyone else ran their MS 261 C-M again this year? I did today, but no pics so it didn't really happen. Here's one from last week:
uhahahe5.jpg

Ran mine last weekend (along with my 150 TCE) to take down a 28" diameter fir in the front yard. Put 3 tanks of motomix through it and it's still getting stronger! Switching to a semi-chisel chain (20") bar made bucking the spur a real treat. Love seeing the saw dust fly:bowdown:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
I don't think so. I know the contours are a little different between the 260 and 261, but they both use the same double dawg kit from a 341. The inside of the new covers have some nice curves to help with chip ejection. I've not tried it, but I'll bet the 441 R cover will fit on the 261.
But will that cover fit a MS260 to install the double dawg kit ?

Latest posts

Back