New STIHL Bar Covers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
Just saw these today in the STIHL website.

Does this mean that they heard? An end to the telescoping bar covers that don't?
Anyone seen them? Anyone know if they really fit the larger saws?

Philbert

attachment.php

z71mike

z71mike

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just as I finally score a friggin 30' length of 3" firehose that I been waiting 2 years for. Typical. :bang:

Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
i picked up a little new one for my polesaw a couple weeks ago... much better than the crap scabbards stihl used to make/sell. I've always used the husky/Jred bar scabbards on my bigger stihl saws. biggest they make is 28" though/

srb08

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
i picked up a little new one for my polesaw a couple weeks ago... much better than the crap scabbards stihl used to make/sell. I've always used the husky/Jred bar scabbards on my bigger stihl saws. biggest they make is 28" though/

I've used the Husq scabbards as well but the Stihl saws keep throwing them off.

eiklj

eiklj

ArboristSite Guru
I've seen the smaller ones, they're nice. I haven't had a chance to play with the larger ones yet. I don't know if we'll keep many in stock at those prices.

z71mike

z71mike

Addicted to ArboristSite
I think they are a little cheaper, the prices I saw were $5 for the smallest and $10 for the largest.

That would be awesome. But I doubt we'll see that price here in the NE. Double or triple the price of EVERYthing. It's getting overbearing.

Rokon

Rokon

ArboristSite Guru
I think they are a little cheaper, the prices I saw were $5 for the smallest and $10 for the largest.

I guess I just assumed Stihl would be charging the usual. Plastic part length x 3.14 divided by the US deficit x the current gold rate with adjustment for the Euro, of course. :dizzy:

z71mike

z71mike

Addicted to ArboristSite
I guess I just assumed Stihl would be charging the usual. Plastic part length x 3.14 divided by the US deficit x the current gold rate with adjustment for the Euro, of course. :dizzy:

.......then sell it for 300% after dealer markup.

Blade

Blade

ArboristSite Lurker
Now that Stihl has overcome the monumental engineering feat of making a bar cover that actually fits and functions correctly....Then how many decades shall we be waiting for them to produce a simple functioning chainsaw case????????????

The current Stihl case is a one size fits every saw (so long as it's only an MS180 to MS250). The damn thing is such an odd shape it never fits neatly into the truck or shed with normal regular shaped items.

It's not too difficult Mr Stihl, just copy the one Husqvarna and Jonsered have been using for at least 15 years....Maybe be trendsetters and go one better and offer it in a couple of different sizes !!!

Latest posts