NEW! Stihl/Husky Debate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
If you saw users had a rental shop, what saw would you rent out? Would you think a Stihl or Husky would stand up better to the type of abuse that a non owner would dish out to it?
If I chose Husky, I think I would rent out the 55. If I chose Stihl, it would be an 026 or 08S.
In all the rental shops I have been in, it was always Stihl that was rented. Does this mean that Stihl is the better saw, when it comes to a saw that lasts the longest when subjected to harsh treatment?

If I needed a spare anchor for the weekend for my boat I would rent an 029.

Otherwise I would get a 55

As far as Stihl renting more saws, they just probably give a better volume discount to the rental store. It is the same as why do more loggers use Husky? Because they are cheaper and last the same amount of time

Stihl is fairly aggresive with volume discounts to governmental outlets and rental yards. Husky tends to prefer promoting sales in the box stores. Sounds to me they both know where they belong.

I would like to see a couple dozen saws brought back to a rental shop just to see what kinds of things happen to them.

I know a rental place that rents Stihl cut-off says at about 1/5 of the price of the saw per day. And some of these contractors are paying it. They just don't want to fool with sevicing them.

Back