• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy New Stihl MS260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsk00

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but anyone know how I might be able to source a new stock MS260? I know the advantages of the 261, which is a great saw, I'm just looking for something a little bit more like my 026. Any help is appreciated!

3 new 260’s and 3 new 261’s in every version and none of them stayed like my low hour $40 260 PRO from a garage sale did. That was a damn good saw. Just felt more nimble with good power to me. Had a lot of 026’s also but the $40 one lingered around me for a long time.
Yeah the 260 Pro is a dang good saw as is the 026 Pro..I use it all the time. I do have 2 new 260 pro saws i bought before they were gone, they are hiding out in the shop on the shelf

Yeah the 260 Pro is a dang good saw as is the 026 Pro..I use it all the time. I do have 2 new 260 pro saws i bought before they were gone, they are hiding out in the shop on the shelf
Well, if one of those new 260s is weighing your shelf down….I know a guy who’s looking. PM me if you are interested and have a price in mind! Can’t blame you if you don’t want to let go one go tho.

I do have 2 new 260 pro saws i bought before they were gone, they are hiding out in the shop on the shelf

It is just a matter of time until a new 260 comes up for sale. Guys hoard saws...and, some eventually realize...well, they realize one thing or another. They stop burning wood, or come to believe MS190/MS500i is more fun, or .......

I know this is a long shot, but anyone know how I might be able to source a new stock MS260? I know the advantages of the 261, which is a great saw, I'm just looking for something a little bit more like my 026. Any help is appreciated!
Did you ever find a 260? I've got a super nice one that a deceased homeowner had since new, it may have a load of firewood on it hours wise and a brand new 18" bar and chain. Lmk if interested. If not I'm gonna put it up on the for sale forum. I was gonna post it for 400.00 but will let you have it for 375.00 shipped. I'm in Arkansas. It's stock and really not far from new

Did you ever find a 260? I've got a super nice one that a deceased homeowner had since new, it may have a load of firewood on it hours wise and a brand new 18" bar and chain. Lmk if interested. If not I'm gonna put it up on the for sale forum. I was gonna post it for 400.00 but will let you have it for 375.00 shipped. I'm in Arkansas. It's stock and really not far from new
Nope. Still looking. Can you DM some photos?

Latest posts

Back