New to me 024AV Wood Boss... Long stroke?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's definitely not a conversion. There is a small slot where the adjuster might be on a front adjust saw. It's much too small for the hardware that would go there though.
a3e6ary9.jpg

So it's definitely not a conversion. There is a small slot where the adjuster might be on a front adjust saw. It's much too small for the hardware that would go there though.
a3e6ary9.jpg
This thread is like a mystery novel! Who shot Jr?:popcorn: Keep us informed, I want to see how this goes down

That's what the front of my case looks like, too. I think you have a case that will accept both tensioners. Many of them were made this way.
All I am saying is that maybe some of the 024AV WB came with side tensioners, although doubtful, or somebody converted this one at some point.
The only way to know for sure would be to measure the stroke.
Good luck ! It's a great saw either way.

That's what the front of my case looks like, too. I think you have a case that will accept both tensioners. Many of them were made this way.
All I am saying is that maybe some of the 024AV WB came with side tensioners, although doubtful, or somebody converted this one at some point.
The only way to know for sure would be to measure the stroke.
Good luck ! It's a great saw either way.

Thanks for the input navgatr! It really is a great saw. I bucked a load of logs with it yesterday. If I can get caught up, I'll measure and post a reply in the next couple days.

So there is no way to measure the stroke from the top. The plug angle is such that you can't insert a depth gauge. I did notice an "A" stamped in the top of the cylinder. Don't know if that's of any significance? Talked to FOP earlier. He suggested emailing Stihl. I'm gonna give it a shot.

"A" is a diameter tolerance. Pull your cylinder off and measure from the flange to the band. Then I will measure mine and compare.

Deal?

Back