New to me 460 Mag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I would like to post that finally I picked up a used Stihl 460 Magnum yesterday and was using it today with a big smile on my face. Nice saw, nice power, nice size. I really enjoyed how easy it is to hold and use. I now understand why all of you fans recommend them.

Justsaws said:
I would like to post that finally I picked up a used Stihl 460 Magnum yesterday and was using it today with a big smile on my face. Nice saw, nice power, nice size. I really enjoyed how easy it is to hold and use. I now understand why all of you fans recommend them.

I know the (Big Smile). I bought one about 6 weeks ago.
I put the duel port muffler cover on it, My smile got Bigger :hmm3grin2orange: It sounds like a saw now too.
You can cut a pile of wood with it in no time.

Gary

Just got to do this justsaws. Sometime when you can run my blue 7900 and compare it to that 460. You will know why the 7900 is called the 460 killer. :hmm3grin2orange:
Just saws I hope you know we just funnin with you.

Last edited:
The 460 is a great saw. Like had been mentioned, it is even better with the dual port muffler.

Congrats, but hope one day you can run a 7900 and see where the real power lies...... :laugh:

Dual Port Muffler

What is the Stihl part number for the 046 dual port muffler? I need to get one on order.

Bob

Freakingstang said:
The 460 is a great saw. Like had been mentioned, it is even better with the dual port muffler.

Congrats, but hope one day you can run a 7900 and see where the real power lies...... :laugh:

Sooooo............. ya wanna run you're 7900 with my 046 for a six pack?:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
Andy

sawinredneck said:
Sooooo............. ya wanna run you're 7900 with my 046 for a six pack?:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
Andy
If Steve dont, I will. I know what a modded 460 runs like. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Cut4fun said:
If Steve dont, I will. I know what a modded 460 runs like. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

UMMMMMMMMMMM................. Steve modded this one, I think he has an idea of how it would go.
Andy

Freakingstang said:

If the real power is in the 7900, then you're getting rid of the 660, 066 and 084 in your sig line? :cheers:

chowdozer said:
If the real power is in the 7900, then you're getting rid of the 660, 066 and 084 in your sig line? :cheers:

And I'll be waiting in line........:cheers:

Freak email me I'll trade you a 7900 for those three Gutless saws...

Latest posts

Back