New to me MS260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right btw. When I was inspecting it prior to assembly I noticed that it wasn’t chamfered so I did it. Great info though sir. Having worked in a machine shop for years I gave it the one over. I also ordered a new Stihl piston, rings, rod, and clips. and yesterday honed the cylinder. So we will be going back to OEM. Thanks again for y’all’s help through this. I’m enjoying the forum and the info here.
I would not use a 2 or 3 square stone hone in a port 2 cycle cylinder, dingleberry/ball hone only or risk hanging a stone on a port and damaging the bore.

I would not use a 2 or 3 square stone hone in a port 2 cycle cylinder, dingleberry/ball hone only or risk hanging a stone on a port and damaging the bore.
The Nikasil plating is only a few thousandths thick and EASY to damage with a hone. Once you go through the plating the cylinder is basically trash.

There are many threads on this site on how to remove aluminum transfer, preferably WITHOUT using acid.

Latest posts

Back