new to site, chainsaw reviews

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id rather have an old torque monster with a big bar and some 404 or some good 3/8 with the Depth gauges filled back (or off altogether :hmm3grin2orange: )...

Take advantage of the low chain speed, and huge grunt and let it dig in and take as big a bite as possible..

Use your Dad's saws all day. The next day use yours. Then decide. My guess is your Dad's saws will not get much use the day after yours. I have over 300 older saws and they are neat, but new saws are easier, usually faster, almost always quieter, and much safer. Progress might feel cheaper but is progress none the less.

Use your Dad's saws all day. The next day use yours. Then decide. My guess is your Dad's saws will not get much use the day after yours. I have over 300 older saws and they are neat, but new saws are easier, usually faster, almost always quieter, and much safer. Progress might feel cheaper but is progress none the less.

But Progress is not always Forward Progress....:dizzy:

2171 question....

So why can johsered make the 2171, and husky can't make the 372?...I still see the 2171 at my dealer, but no longer the 372? Are they basically the same saw as far as engine specs and emissions?? Where is the johnsered 575?

So why can johsered make the 2171, and husky can't make the 372?...I still see the 2171 at my dealer, but no longer the 372? Are they basically the same saw as far as engine specs and emissions?? Where is the johnsered 575?

They make 372's This is yet another topic that has been dicussed in length.Have you even tried your 575 yet danp76? Why don't you go out and try it rather than fret about whether or not everyone else likes it?

Jonsered doesn't make the Jonsered 2171, Husky does, and they still make the 372xp for several markets also........:D ;)

I believe Jred has enough EPA credit in the US from the sales of other models with cats - it is really a question of prorities......

I'm thinking what sort of idiot puts down the money on two brand new saws without trying either of them out first? Unless he bought them sight unseen online...or ???

Im the type, I guess.
I've bought saws online, knowing that the only way to REALLY know how they run is to spend hours with them.

Those I didn't really like, I sold, and moved on.
No big deal.
If I had hired somebody to cut all the wood for me that I've cut myself, I'd be out all the money, and have no saws.
Not to mention all the fun I've had!! :hmm3grin2orange:

My 372xpg, made 2006, has a Walbro.

The 346xp originally had Walbro, it changed to Zama in 2003, or so......

thats why i said xp huskies under 60cc... poulan ones got walbros..

I merged a bunch of Dan's posts into this one thread, it's easier for us to watch that way. Yes, he might be a newb, and maybe he does things a little different than everyone else, but that isn't against the rules. It is against the rules for guys to be taking shots at him.

So, I ask here that danp try and keep his similar or redundant questions in this thread or if a different topic in another thread and not to post new threads that are basically covering the same topics and I'll also ask everyone else to get off his back. If you think he's trollin, just ignore him, if you want to help him, fine do that. But anymore of the derogatory comments will be hit with infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back