New to the Board. new husky 142 questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kallaste

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello everyone!! I have been lurking here for a few weeks now. I think its time to post up. I have a homelite 150 with a missing exhaust system. ( i still need a complete system) If anyone has a parts saw they wiling to sell the exhaust off of at a reasonable price. ( the saw is probably only worth 30.00 so i don't want to put much into it. I purchased a husky 142 to replace the homelite and have a few questions. The saw seems to run great once its warmed up. I have only run 3 tanks of mix in it so its not fully broke in yet. How do I know if it is running lean or rich . The saw does not smoke at all and the fuel is mixed according to the owners manual. How do I lean it out or richen it up if need be. How do i tell if its running lean? If its running rich it would be smoking a bit wouldn't it. Last question: what are your thoughts about the quality of the mini mac 25? I found one in a trash and it seems to run great.
Thanks for reading my rambling and answering my questions.This is a great sight with a bunch of great people!!!

Can't help you with the Homie.

Lots of threads here about rich vs. lean, do a search. Madsen's has a link that someone posted recently. If the saw sounds a little rough at wide open throttle (no load), and sounds smooth when you put it in the wood, you're pretty close.

Mini mac 25? first saw I ever owned. Cut a lot of wood with it, wore out several bars and too many chains to count. If it quits running right, thow it away, PITA to work on. Peppy little saw. Be careful with it, top handles can be more dangerous than rear handle saws.

Back