New Toy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironworker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After many years of driving trucks with roll up windows and nothing fancy I went out and took care of myself, who cares about the price of gas, I save enough burning wood.
016-6.jpg

After many years of driving trucks with roll up windows and nothing fancy I went out and took care of myself, who cares about the price of gas, I save enough burning wood.
016-6.jpg

I hear ya man!! Enough said! A very smart guy told me just the other day, all that matters is that "you are happy with it" . And I know you are. Rep comin Grey Fox.

now then nice truck.. but go out take a hammer and hit it... get a dent in it.. get it over with or you wont want to use it to haul firewood...:hmm3grin2orange:
i heard they give a puppy with every purchase of a chevy truck now....
so when it breaks down on the way home you wont be walking alone.....

Last edited:
now then nice truck.. but go out take a hammer and hit it... get a dent in it.. get it over with or you wont want to use it to haul firewood...:hmm3grin2orange:

That's a chevy not a ford! Ford knew that they had a problem, they circled it! Nice choice enjoy!! Lucky bastard

Funny :D

toooo pretty

needs one ding and some like bark and debris in the back though...

Funny story, I inspected it on Mon., went and picked it up on Tues. and when I got it home my wife say's "it's got a dent in it" got out and saw a nice ding on the side of the bed, anyway brought it back and the dealer said he could fix it and if not they would get me a new truck. Showed up the next day and the dent was gone. Those Dent Wizard guys are good and the dealer was very gracious because by all rights I left the lot with it and they could have very easily asked me to prove they did it.
P.S. can't wait to haul my first load of free wood with it.

No doubt about it. That's a nice looking rig. When PPL ask you why you burn wood, you can smile and point to that.

If you heat with wood, you earned it..

I know someone with the same spec. truck, an '08. Its got 150,000miles on it now and for its whole life (not including normally wearing parts like brakes and tires) has only needed front wheel bearings and, just recently, a throttle body.

Can't really go wrong with that.

Lots of guys say stuff like "wear your walking shoes if you drive a chevy." I wouldn't worry in that truck.

Last edited:
I know someone with the same spec. truck, an '08. Its got 150,000miles on it now and for its whole life (not including normally wearing parts like brakes and tires) has only needed front wheel bearings and, just recently, a throttle body.

Can't really go wrong with that.

Lots of guys say stuff like "wear your walking shoes if you drive a chevy." I wouldn't worry in that truck.
this is my second, last one had 150,000 miles, traded it in for moma's Traverse 2 years ago, and I needed another.

Back