New tribe saddle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeAce

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am considering a new tribe onyx. Looking for feed back. Curious about the new tribe style of leg straps. Not sure what I think. Seems like they would be great but if so why don't others mimic them ? Any input would be appreciated.

I got my Onyx today. Its gonna need adjusted and I hope to do that in the next few days. I will report on what I think. So far I think I like it. Seems well made.

I used my onyx yesterday on a "real" climb and I must say it is an amazingly comfortable saddle. It feels strange when on the ground because the leg straps just kinda hang there but it also kind lets a little air in and is pretty nice really. When on rope this thing is impressive so far. I am still in the process of arranging my gear just the way I want it but have no doubt I will have everything squared away next week. It does struggle slightly in the gear storage department I think. There were two gear loops right behind the hip dees that I cut off. They were in the way and useless to me.There are also rings on each side that are used for an optional butt strap thing that I dont wanna use and the ring on my right side somewhat interfered with the bent gate biner I use for hanging my saw but I think I can work with it. I am very hesitant to cut the ring free. I have not used it on spurs yet but am confident it will be great. My 5 year old sequoia (which has held up nicely) may have this onyx beat in the gear storage dept (debatable) but in all around comfort its not even a contest. I think a made a good choice buying the onyx for the type of work I do. I climb a lot but dont do a lot of big removals and would question if this saddle is a good choice for hanging large saws from. I may report once more on this saddle in a couple weeks.

Latest posts

Back