New Truck - Is this a good deal???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canyonbc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello

Wondering if you guys think this is a good price, for this truck.

Its a 1987 Chevy, with long bed and hydralic lift. Automatic...engine was rebuilt 80,000 miles ago

here is a pic

He is asking 1500

Any thoughts???

Buy it now, of course its a good deal, even if it needs a new engine.

Yeah, you better buy it. That would'nt last an hour around were I live for that much.

Buy it before it's gone.

If that truck were in Michigan I'd be over there right now, buying it.

I have a 1986 3500 that needs an engine. I bought a 1989 f super duty with 40,000 for $8000. I haven't sold the Chevy which I am asking $2000 for. But I am seriously thinking of sending the engine out to have rebuilt this winter for $1850. and keeping the Chevy. Better ride and handling with no different in power. This way I can pocket $6000. in the exchange. I can't say to buy that truck but in my experience it's a good truck.

Looks like a good starter truck are you gonna chip in it? bet it would pull a stumper just fine. price, well dont let it get away.

How can you go wrong with a truck that runs and dumps for $1500?? The bed and hoist are worth that. I wouldnt even try and offer $1200, just give him the $1500 and say thanks.

I had an 1985 truck setup similiar to that and it was a tank. I added extra springs and the truck never let me down. Pulled a chipper with it for years. Mine was a straight 6 with a 4 speed. Don't ask questions, if the title is clean and you can get it registered, buy it. Good luck.

good price, too bad it's not a Ford

I take it you like fixing your equipment alot? I cant stand doing anymore mechanic work than need be. I made the mistake of owning 2 ford's. Couldnt pass them up, they were too cheap. I found out why you can always pick a ford up for a good price.

buy it now.
87 is a fuel injection truck, I think the 1 ton 5.7 tbi's came with a Th400.
a 350 instead of a 454 means 10-14 mpg instead of 8-12mpg
Fully loaded it wont be as fast as the big block. check that the tires are decent - otherwise it will cost $700 for tires.
remember a 10k gvw truck in cal has weight fees. figure $300-400 a year.

I had a 87 3500 454 crew cab dually - one of the best trucks I ever had. the gas mileage just killed me.

Amen!

I take it you like fixing your equipment alot? I cant stand doing anymore mechanic work than need be. I made the mistake of owning 2 ford's. Couldnt pass them up, they were too cheap. I found out why you can always pick a ford up for a good price.

if you like rusty brake and fuel lines,by a ford.not to mention rusty oil pans, and oil pan gaskets falling apart.

My dad had a similiar truck. It was a 78 dually with the 350. I learned to drive with it as well.

I know this thread is way old now..but i had asked the question about the 87 Chevy...and yes i looked at it along time ago...but didnt buy it...

I think it was pieced together or stolen...

Had no papers on the truck and all the Vins were scratched out or ripped out.....thought that was a tail tail no no sign..

Just thought i would let you guys now

Yeah, probably the right move. Soem times there is such thing as too good a deal. Hope you find another truck!

Ya i agree...there can be such a thing as too good a deal...

Thanks...

I decided to hold off and and save up more money...put my self, looking in a little different age class...hopefully nice truck

Latest posts

Back