New wood stove I built! What ya think?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husq445

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here it is! had about 25 hrs in it!

newthread.php

Nice job mang looking good and hot. So was it more expensive to build than to buy?

No, foreman in a welding shop. If I would have had buy the material at cost would have been about $500 to $600 in plate steel.

Looks like I have forgotton how to post the pics so they show without clicking the link, or can you see them in the post?

Thanks Rick

Nice work!, rep sent new colored nova!

Where did you find the door, or did you fabricate it too.

The door is the only part not fabbed, robbed off a wood stove someone had dropped off to scrap.

(can you see the pic in the post or is it a broken link with a red x in a box)

Nope no blower.

Secondary burn tubes, adjustable baffle, and an airwash.

Rick

Nice job

How thick is your plate for the box, looks like 5/16"? Did you take any pics of the secondary chamber/baffle system? I like that heater and it does look HOT!

That's awsome!

What the hell is an airwash?
Draft/air runs across the front glass. Helps to keep the glass clean, or clean longer then no airwash. Slow/smoldering fires with the wood very close to the glass still get it sooty though. From my experiences anyway.

Yep I have pics of the entire build. On my computer at home at the moment. The inside of the stove is the best part, turned out great. Been running it since about the 10th of December. Using a lot less wood now than I was with my Vogelzang Boxwood stove and better more consistant Burns. Makes it through the night without a problem, never happened with the Boxwood.

Rick

Latest posts

Back