New wood tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtboy

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Deere.jpg Last year I finally had to retire the old Ariens S16H, it was a 1977 model and parts are either non existent or ridiculously expensive. It handled my snow blowing and wood hauling. So I had been using my ATV for plowing and wood hauling, which I did not find ideal. I saw a thread some where here where ATV vs tractor for wood hauling was discussed, JMO but you cannot beat tractor for that and hauling a splitter around the property.
I was lucky enough to find someone who was selling a JD X728, or trading it for an ATV. So this is the new firewood machine.

Nice! I like my little JD265. That one looks sweet with 4X4. I used to dump my firewood over the hill in my back yard, out of sight. When I was mowing, every trip over the hill, I'd stop and split one block of wood and put it in the little JD trailer. When the trailer was full I'd take it to the wood shed and stack it in. When I was done mowing, I had a pretty good pile of wood in the shed too, and never got over worked. Have fun with that one, Joe.

Latest posts

Back