new year/season plans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I am glad to see everyone has a plan. I need to find one or borrow one of yours. I have recieved my silky blades. I took them to Polymer Dynamics (Tx7 is one of their products) to have them coated with a no stick(maybe teflon) and it also is corrosion resistant. I will take pictures of how they look new and if I am pleased with them. The cost for 3 is $64.00 ish. If its slick and doesnot corrode = great investment. Will keep you posted. ps how do I put pictures on this site. I am not very computer savy. Thanks Trzz.

Erik,
Come to Hawaii. Lots of red tape, but warm, maybe even hot for you. Lots of bikinis year round and lots of work. Bring over a truck and chipper and I can get you all the work you can handle.

Nickrosis said:
Koa, what's your first name?

Why? I'm trying to remain incognito. I don't advertise, I don't put any signs, ph. nbrs. or names on my trucks or equipment because I don't want people calling me. I have too much to handle as it is.

:) Nay, just kidding. My name is Wesley Jay and my company is WJ Landscape Services, but don't tell anyone. I really can't handle more than my present customer base and all the referrals they keep sending my way.

I wish I could sound as professional as you guys do. I plan on keeping my biz a float. I hope to purchase some equipment for the first time. And raise my soon to be born baby boy. I am very excited to be having a boy this time. I will have a little less work time with a new born around so I will be overhauling how I run things. I am not reall organized yet. I just started doing this full time in june. I was always a weekend warrior. Now that I am running this show, I find I'm having a hard time keeping up with myself.

Nickrosis said:
Is your zip 96734-4303?
Boy, now you really getting personal.
Yes it is and my address is 1268 Ulupii St, in case you want to send me money:D
Just look for the house with the trucks and chippers in front.

Actually, it would probably be easier if you PM'd me your PayPal login name and password so I can deposit money in your account without delay. :D

We had trucks and chippers in our front yard starting out. And on the lawn. And in the neighbors' driveways. And the backyard. Used the public sidewalk for an access road. We moved to a shop and have had one in many different places for about 20 years. Police get wise pretty quick in a small suburban community.

:Monkey:

No one complains around here. Heck, I have a neighbor 3 houses away who IS a cop. I know almost everybody for 10 houses up and down, on both sides of my street, on a first name basis, as well as most of the people on the next block over as well. I give everyone in my subdivision a super price on tree work, they can't afford to complain and make me move my equipment. Besides, half of the neighborhood board are my customers! :) We have quite a few self employed people who have various kinds of trucks, as well as even a bus. No one parks on the street in the subdivision I live in. Everyone parks their vehicles on their own property. Streets are clear unless there is a work vehicle, party, delivery etc. One of the reasons I like where I live. Can't stand to live, work or visit in a neighborhood where you need to struggle to find parking.

Dadatwins said:
Come on down to Va. about 10* degrees warmer than NE, auto insurance about 1/3 the rate, and home / land prices about 1/4 the cost and 3 times the size. :) Not quite down as far as dueling banjo's country and you can sometimes, depending on the area and time of day , start a chain saw in the house with out the neighbors calling 911. :)

Yeah, and with your new status as moderator, you should be able to change your username to vatree :laugh:

And...Virginia is not a blue state. :cool:

Latest posts

Back