Newb question about an 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldenStihls

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have had this thing for over 3 months, And now i wanna be able to run it, So I'm starting a "Go Through",
Can some tell me how the hell you pull the carb out from the stupid plastic surrounding it? :msp_mad:

Thanks in advance, OH, and pics later. I'm gonna post a thread about it.

There's two studs that go through the carb, which is held in place by two nuts. Remove the nuts, remove the fuel and impulse lines, and disconnect the throttle and choke linkages. The carb should now pull freely off of the studs. Be careful not to damage the intake boot, or better yet, preemptively replace it. Plug the lines with screws or something to keep junk out and fuel in. Stuff the intake throat with crumpled paper or something for the same reason.

There's two studs that go through the carb, which is held in place by two nuts. Remove the nuts, remove the fuel and impulse lines, and disconnect the throttle and choke linkages. The carb should now pull freely off of the studs. Be careful not to damage the intake boot, or better yet, preemptively replace it. Plug the lines with screws or something to keep junk out and fuel in. Stuff the intake throat with crumpled paper or something for the same reason.

Thank you madhatte,

I'll get back to you.

You have to take the black piece off the handle and let the throttle linkage go. There is a screw undeneath at the very rear.

I just put one together today.

You have to take the black piece off the handle and let the throttle linkage go. There is a screw undeneath at the very rear.

I just put one together today.

Yep if you dont take the black handle piece off and take the throttle linkage out of the trigger. You will bend the linkage rod trying to remove it from the carb.

Latest posts

Back