*Newbie* Intro and Q's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Roc

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Edit please delete mods, reposted in chainsaw forum...

Last edited:
I've been searching like crazy on here, looking at pics and stuff... wanted to say that this is a great looking site so far! Lots of information, I was guided over here by members of Pirate4x4

I don't have a saw yet... I'm looking to pick one up for my off-road misadventures hahhaha... and cleaning up the bush at the farm. I was raised on Stihl machines... but I'm not 100% brand loyal yet, I just want something that will pack nicely into my Jeep Cherokee and work well for my first saw, i.e. reliable.

I've been educating myself on mods, chain types and stuff... I know I definitely want a short bar, in the 16" range which will allow me to use a slightly underpowered saw since I don't foresee myself taking down some of the gigantic trees I've seen in the picture threads (there are some sick looking saws in there too, made it to page 51)

I definitely don't want to buy a cheaply made saw and would like something that I can source parts for... which will likely mean I'll end up with a Stihl since I don't know of any local Husky dealers here in Canuckastan :greenchainsaw:

Since I'm a poor student... and you've heard that sap story before, I am definitely in the market for a USED chainsaw. I've been hunting on Kijiji for a couple of weeks but I don't really know what I should be chasing after to fit my needs,

There is a Stihl 032 AV I've been eying up... buddy wants $270 for it though and I have no idea how well chainsaws retain their value. Is there a Buyers guide for used Chainsaws 101 on here for newbs like myself?

Welcome to the sight...You might move this over to the chainsaw forum and get more hits...

The amount of funds you have would also help get you pointed in the right direction...

I'm not seeing the chainsaw forum? Which category heading is it under? Or maybe my account doesn't have full privileges yet?

"This Forum is for individuals new to the business and seeking help learning the basics. Ask the pro's here."

I read that and thought it was the newbie forum hahaha
Thanks,
Jeff

I'm not seeing the chainsaw forum? Which category heading is it under? Or maybe my account doesn't have full privileges yet?

"This Forum is for individuals new to the business and seeking help learning the basics. Ask the pro's here."

I read that and thought it was the newbie forum hahaha
Thanks,
Jeff

Back out of the "tree care forums" and hit "arboristsite.com". Scroll down to equipment forums. Basically go back to the home page and you'll find it. Welcome.

Back