Next time you're feelin' down and blue...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
... try to remember there's always someone out there takin' it on the chin harder than you.

A good friend of near thirty years who lives just down the road a couple miles lost his oldest son (35) Sunday. Details are sketchy right now, but it appears the son was feuding with a next-door neighbor... the argument escalated... and the neighbor shot him multiple times.

Just friggin' horrible... certainly not lookin' forward to this funeral.

condolences to the family

i know if my grandpa was still around and that happened to one of us, he would hunt them down and get revenge... but living a life like that finally caught up to him in his 50s

good reminder for me and my family to stay away from a life like that.

Sucks! Can't see getting that mad to get in a gunfight over. Now stopping/preventing a wicked nasty crime right then and there, sure, but an argument, nope, walk away, let the other guy "win" some argument.

Yep, it helps to keep a good perspective on life, because ya never know. A co-worker of mine is in the midst of a divorce, and if that isn't enough, their 17 year old daughter died in a head on collision (other guys fault) in the middle of it all.
Like you say, those kinda funerals are no fun at all (not that too many are)

I know what you mean, had a few sicknesses hit me last week and over the weekend and people boo hooing over me, but all I can think about is an old family friend who got a bone marrow transplant a few months ago for leukemia and everything was looking good. Then Monday, he went for a checkup and doc pretty much told him to go home and spend his remaining time with his family as there was nothing more medically he can do. Sure makes you appreciate what and who you have.

... try to remember there's always someone out there takin' it on the chin harder than you.

A good friend of near thirty years who lives just down the road a couple miles lost his oldest son (35) Sunday. Details are sketchy right now, but it appears the son was feuding with a next-door neighbor... the argument escalated... and the neighbor shot him multiple times.

Just friggin' horrible... certainly not lookin' forward to this funeral.

Condolences to the family. Life is too short with too many obstacles as is...waste of a mans life and probably over a bunch of nothing. Sad news indeed.

Drove over to his place tonight to say something (what do you say??).
I didn't haf'ta say anything, both out eyes, his and mine, said all that needed saying.
It was hard...
Good on you spidey for being man enough to go over there and just be there for him, that's a good friend

Good on you spidey for being man enough to go over there and just be there for him, that's a good friend

...110% wholeheartedly agree with Brenndatomu. Your dear friend and his family need strength that good friends like you provide in times of sorrow and grief.

Drove over to his place tonight to say something (what do you say??).
I didn't haf'ta say anything, both out eyes, his and mine, said all that needed saying.
It was hard...

What an AWESOME friend he has. I'll bet that meant a lot to him and his family. I'm sure it wasn't easy for you but you did the right thing and I'm sure you know that.

It's Crazy, to much of that going on now days; sometimes it's best to walk away from things that are more than likely meaningless once a person calms down. Like it was pointed out, now both lives are over with, when does a loss become a win?? Sad for both sides.

I once had a job repairing and testing sprinkler systems for fire protection. I spent 2 days working in a federal prison where the worst of the worst violent criminals were commonly lodged and they had double the design capacity, shoulder to shoulder while walking through there. I was ordered to stay close to a maintenance guy (no problem) who had worked there 28 years and knew everything about the place. He told me that 90% of the inmates were just like us except one day they lost control for 1 minute and crossed the line. The rest could never be in society.

Latest posts

Back