• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NIB Husky 288xp, 353, Stihl 660, 070, 381, Echo CS-1201

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would hazard a guess the 1201 would be the better saw with a 60 or 72 inch bar. Old school torque works better than modern speedballs in that application, assuming you set the 3120 up better than stock. Now if your a company, then the 3120's chainbrake is the only way you can go. I can tell you i had an 088 and 880, both needed to be ported to run a 60" bar worth beans. A stock Mac 125 still cut better, though slightly slower and was much easier on the person cutting. There are other reasons to go with the older style technology aa well, but i wont get into that now.

I would hazard a guess the 1201 would be the better saw with a 60 or 72 inch bar. Old school torque works better than modern speedballs in that application, assuming you set the 3120 up better than stock. Now if your a company, then the 3120's chainbrake is the only way you can go. I can tell you i had an 088 and 880, both needed to be ported to run a 60" bar worth beans. A stock Mac 125 still cut better, though slightly slower and was much easier on the person cutting. There are other reasons to go with the older style technology aa well, but i wont get into that now.
Yea , the Mac 125’s are a saw to be reckoned with , sure enjoy running mine .

Yea , the Mac 125’s are a saw to be reckoned with , sure enjoy running mine .

Never ran a Mac 125, but I learned to cut with an early, pre chain brake Super Pro 60.

Unfortunately, Dad traded that saw off years ago, but I know who he traded it to, a Friend of the Family, who has since passed on, Mark’s Widow has remarried, and I have lost touch with her. Mark was closer to my Cousin Mark, than he was with me.

My Cousin hasn’t come across Bonnie in several years, but he has been watching for her, I Hope that old Mac is still sitting forgotten in a corner of their garage. It’s a long shot, but I would sure like to get that old Mac back in the Family, I have some great memories with that old saw. Dad is 83 now, and not doing all that well, no telling how much longer we will have him, but that SP 60, would rekindle a lot of memories in the future

Doug 😎

I don’t know what situation the 1201 would be an advantage over a 3120XP, or German Junk, but I know that I have been Very Happy with my 3120XP
View attachment 1051219

And at the time that I bought it, September 2017 IIRC, Dave “thechainsawguy” in BC, was selling them NIB(I hear that you can’t get the box, with the German Junk😉😂) PHO, for $1,399 Shipped. It was simply the most Bang for the Buck, and the Right Color to boot😉

Dave probably still has the Best Bang for the Buck, but even his prices have gone up quite a bit 😞

Doug 😎

Cool Hoosky orange bar! Is that a custom painted, or OEM?

Never ran a Mac 125, but I learned to cut with an early, pre chain brake Super Pro 60.

Unfortunately, Dad traded that saw off years ago, but I know who he traded it to, a Friend of the Family, who has since passed on, Mark’s Widow has remarried, and I have lost touch with her. Mark was closer to my Cousin Mark, than he was with me.

My Cousin hasn’t come across Bonnie in several years, but he has been watching for her, I Hope that old Mac is still sitting forgotten in a corner of their garage. It’s a long shot, but I would sure like to get that old Mac back in the Family, I have some great memories with that old saw. Dad is 83 now, and not doing all that well, no telling how much longer we will have him, but that SP 60, would rekindle a lot of memories in the future

Doug 😎
Good memories for sure 👍

Cool Hoosky orange bar! Is that a custom painted, or OEM?

Factory finish, it’s a Husky branded GB.

My understanding is that Oregon produced a LOT of the Husky bars up to 36” or 42”, and the bars 44” and longer were produced by GB. I know that GB produced 44”, 50”, 60” and 72” bars, I have the 44,60, and 72” GB bars, that is the 60” in that pic.

I waited too long to get a 50”, and they are NLA, at least logoed for Husky, but GB is in Australia, so shipping one is a bit spendy, and I just haven’t prioritized the funds yet. The 44” falls a bit short of maximizing the capacity of my 48”CSM, a 50” would come close, but I really haven’t NEEDED it yet, and if I do, I can use the 60” bar in a 60” mill, but I just haven’t done anything that I really needed that much mill for yet

Doug 😎

Good memories for sure 👍

Yep, that old SP60 had a different sound to it, that I still remember 40 years later. It wouldn’t get a lot of use, but it would definitely help heat our home in the winter, and warm my heart while getting that wood 🪵

Doug 😎

Good memories for sure 👍
Yep, that old SP60 had a different sound to it, that I still remember 40 years later. It wouldn’t get a lot of use, but it would definitely help heat our home in the winter, and warm my heart while getting that wood 🪵

Doug 😎
Yea , I have a number of real good Mccullochs, hard to beat the sound of those classic saws . 👍

I don’t know what situation the 1201 would be an advantage over a 3120XP, or German Junk, but I know that I have been Very Happy with my 3120XP
View attachment 1051219

And at the time that I bought it, September 2017 IIRC, Dave “thechainsawguy” in BC, was selling them NIB(I hear that you can’t get the box, with the German Junk😉😂) PHO, for $1,399 Shipped. It was simply the most Bang for the Buck, and the Right Color to boot😉

Dave probably still has the Best Bang for the Buck, but even his prices have gone up quite a bit 😞

Doug 😎
Not quite the best deal.😜

That is a great deal, amazing how much it’s gone up 100%

Oh I didn’t get it for $950, I paid $1,399, but if you’re going to claim a Better Deal, ya gotta make the “Better” worthwhile, Right?😉

The 3120 was going for $1,399 and IIRC the 395 was about $1,150-1,200, so to jump almost 25cc’s for $200-250, seemed like a no brainer.

I had been thinking about a 395 for a Big Firewood saw, but had started getting interested in CSM’ing, so the 3120 was the logical choice

Of course, I eventually ended up with a 390XP, and Two 395XP’s( y’all have been a Bad Influence 😉)

Doug 😎

Ah Hell, I forgot that this the Trading Post, I didn’t mean to Hijack Robin’s thread.

I don’t know if Robin has ever offered any 3120XP’s, but I have read of at least a couple guys buying 1201’s from Robin, and being really Happy with them.

I have also read of quite a few guys buying various different saws from Robin, and I have Never heard of any complaints about Robin. At first I would have been Skeptical about an online seller in Indonesia, but Robin has Proven himself a Reliable Seller, and I wouldn’t Hesitate Now, to buy from him, if he had something that I was looking for

Hey Robin, Sorry for the thread drift, and Good Luck with your Sales, you have gotten a lot of guys things they couldn’t find anywhere else 👍👍

Doug 😎

View attachment 1051219

Doug 😎

Do you use that for falling/bucking, milling, or both?

I was very tempted to pull the trigger on the 3120 you offered up a few weeks back, but ultimately couldn't justify it.

Do you use that for falling/bucking, milling, or both?

I didn’t have mine up for sale, and I’m not a professional, but I use mine mainly for milling now, but I did buck a little with it when I first got it. I was offered a 34” DBH D Fir that fell on a Friend’s building. It was a slow mo fall, and did very little damage, and Brad had already used his excavator to remove it from the building. He had enough Maple 🍁 for a couple years, so he just wanted the D Fir to “Go Away”

It was really more than my 266XP was up to, and the 3120, with a 36” B&C went after that 34” D Fir, like a Rabid Beaver 🦫 on Steroids

Now, the 390XP, and 395XP’s pretty much cover all my firewood 🪵 needs, and the 3120XP is dedicated to milling

Doug 😎

Factory finish, it’s a Husky branded GB.

My understanding is that Oregon produced a LOT of the Husky bars up to 36” or 42”, and the bars 44” and longer were produced by GB. I know that GB produced 44”, 50”, 60” and 72” bars, I have the 44,60, and 72” GB bars, that is the 60” in that pic.

I waited too long to get a 50”, and they are NLA, at least logoed for Husky, but GB is in Australia, so shipping one is a bit spendy, and I just haven’t prioritized the funds yet. The 44” falls a bit short of maximizing the capacity of my 48”CSM, a 50” would come close, but I really haven’t NEEDED it yet, and if I do, I can use the 60” bar in a 60” mill, but I just haven’t done anything that I really needed that much mill for yet

Doug 😎
You should have bought the 66" Grandberg in Husky mount I mailed out today. It was a good milling bar.

I didn’t have mine up for sale, and I’m not a professional, but I use mine mainly for milling now, but I did buck a little with it when I first got it. I was offered a 34” DBH D Fir that fell on a Friend’s building. It was a slow mo fall, and did very little damage, and Brad had already used his excavator to remove it from the building. He had enough Maple 🍁 for a couple years, so he just wanted the D Fir to “Go Away”

It was really more than my 266XP was up to, and the 3120, with a 36” B&C went after that 34” D Fir, like a Rabid Beaver 🦫 on Steroids

Now, the 390XP, and 395XP’s pretty much cover all my firewood 🪵 needs, and the 3120XP is dedicated to milling

Doug 😎

My bad, I mixed yours and Matt's posts up.

I had been milling with a 372 and well-used 390. The 390 is losing steam and I'd like to reserve it for work, on the rare occasions it sees daylight, before having to doctor it.

Still can't find much tried and true info for the best mill saw, overall, as they all have perks and downsides. And operator opinion varies.

My bad, I mixed yours and Matt's posts up.

I had been milling with a 372 and well-used 390. The 390 is losing steam and I'd like to reserve it for work, on the rare occasions it sees daylight, before having to doctor it.

Still can't find much tried and true info for the best mill saw, overall, as they all have perks and downsides. And operator opinion varies.
Think if you have the 💰, don’t think you can gone wrong with the Echo 1201 it’s an over built torque monster.

Back