Nice Ash Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Thanks for all the nice comments about my truck. It is a 1977 F 150 Super Cab. 2WD. It has just over 100,000 miles on it and gets 11 miles to the gallon empty or full of firewood. The paint, drivetrain, interior are all original. It has a 400 ci, C6 trans, factory oil bath air cleaner, interval wipers, an AC that will give you pneumonia, and a heater that will melt your right foot. I leave it parked in my barn and I don't drive it in the winter.

The truck was originally owned by an ex-coworker who left it in a barn in Alabama for 20 years while he was in the Army overseas in Germany. He retired, married, and moved to Ohio. The truck was too long to fit in his garage and his wife made him sell it! His loss, my gain. I have had it since 2001. It is an excellent runner and literally looks, and drives like a time-machine. It doesn't leak or burn oil...The transmission shifts like its brand new...the tailgate slams closed like a crisp bite into an apple...You can eat off the engine...everything works...and I am proud to drive it.

I have put on 2 1/4 inch stainless dual exhaust (which isn't that easy to do on a Ford) and the 31 X10.50 Cooper tires...and that's about it. It has decent pulling power and drives straight and smooth down the road. Of course, its from the 70's so it lacks the modern conveniences like cup holders, sound deadening, arm rests etc. Even though this truck is pristine I still believe that it IS a truck and should live its life as one. I use it as my wood hauler so the floor of the bed has been beat up but I do take care with it and not beat it needlessly. I avoid driving it into branches that could scratch the paint etc. and I will beat down the first person to lean on it without my permission.

Honestly...I am grateful for everything I have but I at times I think my truck is the most valuable material thing I own...more than my saws, and beer coolers. Without my truck my saws are useless, my Hardy H2 is a cold water tank, and my local gas station would go out of business.

Thanks again for the nice comments.

Back