Nice Mod to a 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
04ultra said:
I got connections ...:hmm3grin2orange:

882 on the way

You got something else too, a question to answer on the last page of the Prince thread. Lake asked you a question, go answer it. As for the 882 all I got to say is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

:clap: Nice mod - the old type studs are a bit annoying when mounting the bar, as it easily falls off the thick part of the studs.

Another up grade :bang: How am I ever going to keep up with you.
Yea those small insignificant studs gotta go. "check"
Ok show us the difference in the new side covers. Maybe I'll bite
BTW just put the "chain catcher" on. and spark arrester in.

Those extra-beefy studs are going to increase the weight of the 361 such that the pwr/weight ratio makes them totally unsuitable for everyday use.:)

manual said:
Manual..........sounds like all ya need now for Little Winky is a port and polish + a spit shine and you are ready to go eh? :ices_rofl: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Talon

talon1189 said:
Manual..........sounds like all ya need now for Little Winky is a port and polish + a spit shine and you are ready to go eh? :ices_rofl: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Talon
I told ya I'm working on it.
Little winky has to pay for its self before I go any further.

manual said:

If you have a 361 (you do) you already have the newer side cover. Just change the studs. The older (not 361 or 441) side covers don't have the recess around the stud hole on the inside. Easily rectified...

wagonwheeler said:
Grrrrr..... My dealer says it doesn't come up as a good number... but he's gonna call in on it...:help:

Chaser

That's 'cos he didn't load the latest version of Mediacat! Trust me... it's in the system, but I'm placing my order right now to mop up the last of the stock:laugh:

1138 664 2400

Lakeside53 said:
That's 'cos he didn't load the latest version of Mediacat! Trust me... it's in the system, but I'm placing my order right now to mop up the last of the stock:laugh:

1138 664 2400

Yeah...I just BET you gave us the good number BEFORE you got all your parts in hand...

I'll probably wind up w/ a couple of Easy2Start recoil assemblys and then you'll give up the REAL number...:bang:

wagonwheeler said:
Yeah...I just BET you gave us the good number BEFORE you got all your parts in hand...

I'll probably wind up w/ a couple of Easy2Start recoil assemblys and then you'll give up the REAL number...:bang:

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I ordered 8 today - they are already in transit!

Great thread Lake, I have been gone for awhile but glad to see someone pointing out some engineering quality. Thall, I sure hope you connected to the right person at VB, if not, just let me know.;)

Thought I'd update this thread. Check your clutch covers before ordering these bar studs if you don't want to alter yours. Seems that the covers have changed somewhere along the line and mine is not countersunk like Andy's is.

361ClutchCover.jpg

Ian

Haywire Haywood said:
Thought I'd update this thread. Check your clutch covers before ordering these bar studs if you don't want to alter yours. Seems that the covers have changed somewhere along the line and mine is not countersunk like Andy's is.

361ClutchCover.jpg

Ian

Mine isnt either....I just didnt want to think I had the bastard cover.

Lakeside53 said:
I'm going to figure out the right tool to modify the existing (non-361/441) side covers. Drilling an oversize countersink would work, but it would be best to be counter-bored for a tight fit like the new covers.

The correct tool would be a 12mm end mill with an 8mm pilot. I ended up using a 1/2" drill in my press.

Ian

Haywire Haywood said:

361ClutchCover.jpg

Ian

Yes... Look like the early production run didn't have the recesses...

Back