Nice score this week

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subhunter

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This week I have had the oppurtunity to get in the woods on three different days. Today I got a load of hickory which is what most all of the wood is. It is all tops from a 10 acre tract that had some nice trees to log out. I found it on craigs list and didnt get to get it all but now everyone is done I think as all the wood left is all down a hill. Had to tote these out today. Tried a couple snatch blocks on wednesday but that didnt work to great, quicker to tote them out.
I still have several more laods to get and I am hoping to at least have 2-2 1/2 cords from this week alone. Hope next week is as good as this one :cheers::cheers:
todays haul
img0668iw.jpg

img0667ak.jpg

from the other two days:
img0669nl.jpg

Why yes it is! It makes me happy t know that next years wood is in the makings now as this will be the 1st time for me to have it season a full year prior to burning it.:biggrinbounce2:

Nice haul:cheers:,I love to see pics like that.I hope you had as much fun cutting and splitting and stacking it as you will burning it.I have been busy myself,I got to down load my pics and get a thread started soon.

The only guy in the neighborhood with a split-shortrail hickory fence.

Nice trailers sure can make you work to fill it for a good trip home.

Yea I like to burn hickory but when it is green it is a pain to split, almost as bad as elm. It will sure make some nice wood though and I am hoping that it is at least two cords of wood from this past weeks haul. I thought you guys wood like the pix.

Yes it is an explorer. V8 AWD . I have been hauling wood with it for over three years. The trailer is 16ft but I have a large tool box on the front of it I can fit 4 saws plus chains,wedges gas, oil everything I need to cut with. The Explorer does well pulling and stoping the trailer BUT I wish I had a bigger rig to pull the trailer with. :chainsawguy:

Latest posts

Back