Nice score this week

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
subhunter

subhunter

ArboristSite Guru
This week I have had the oppurtunity to get in the woods on three different days. Today I got a load of hickory which is what most all of the wood is. It is all tops from a 10 acre tract that had some nice trees to log out. I found it on craigs list and didnt get to get it all but now everyone is done I think as all the wood left is all down a hill. Had to tote these out today. Tried a couple snatch blocks on wednesday but that didnt work to great, quicker to tote them out.
I still have several more laods to get and I am hoping to at least have 2-2 1/2 cords from this week alone. Hope next week is as good as this one :cheers::cheers:
todays haul
img0668iw.jpg

img0667ak.jpg

from the other two days:
img0669nl.jpg

subhunter

subhunter

ArboristSite Guru
Why yes it is! It makes me happy t know that next years wood is in the makings now as this will be the 1st time for me to have it season a full year prior to burning it.:biggrinbounce2:

subhunter

subhunter

ArboristSite Guru
Yea I like to burn hickory but when it is green it is a pain to split, almost as bad as elm. It will sure make some nice wood though and I am hoping that it is at least two cords of wood from this past weeks haul. I thought you guys wood like the pix.

subhunter

subhunter

ArboristSite Guru
Yes it is an explorer. V8 AWD . I have been hauling wood with it for over three years. The trailer is 16ft but I have a large tool box on the front of it I can fit 4 saws plus chains,wedges gas, oil everything I need to cut with. The Explorer does well pulling and stoping the trailer BUT I wish I had a bigger rig to pull the trailer with. :chainsawguy:

Latest posts