Nice to see a place for Old Saws...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't turn into a " Trading Post" adendem for those trying to dump their junk.

After a tough couple of years I hope this winter is when I can re-open a few projects...including some old gear drives and one Mercury-Disston project.

One thing I have tried to do will little success is find North Eastern GTG to swap lies and run some saws.

I have a place well suited to that type of thing with 100plus acres of timber and 100plus acres of fields to park in. Oh yea...10 miles of trails to poke around in.

What would be REALLY fun would be to blend Old Saws with my other motorised hobby..old motorcycles.

Well, I tell ya what; pick a date, and post it up Surely someone will come over to help ya cut up stuff and swap lies.
If I lived closer, I'd come over for sure. I might have even brought over this.

BarberVintage017.jpg

Actually..we may be closer than you think. At least in August. We have a place (farm acrage) down at the Northern edge of Dale County that was from my Mom's family.

Love that old Honda! AND there is some Irony in you posting that particular bike along with being from Alabama!

My parents would send my brothers and I to Alabama during the summers. (My grandfathers farm) When I was 14 or 15, I visited my Grandfathers Farm in the Ariton area of Alabama and my Aunt had a 175 Honda exactly like that..I finagled a ride and went down the road for a mile or so..decided to turn around at an intersection & dropped it. Skinned up my knee and still have the scars. My first true motorcycle ride. My first gravel rash.

That was the beginning of a 36 year hobby of which over 20 was spend at the Motocross and Hare Scrambles tracks around the North East & Colorado.

(My oldest Step Daughter had picked up the "historical" bug. She rides a 1982 Honda CB900 & 1982 Husqvarna XC-430 as her primary motorcycles. She has put 1000 miles on that old Honda going back and forth to school and work already this year..scares me to death)

picture.php

Last edited:
Man, you have quite the collection of toys! The WeeStrom is interesting, and I like the 650 better than the 1000.
In addition to my saws, and the 175, I have a '99 Kawasaki ZRX1100, '78 Kawasaki KZ400 that's been modded a little, a '75 Honda CB125, and a Kawasaki 440 LTD in baskets that will be a bobber project.

My brother has almost as many saws as I have (Macs), and all the tractors: 1086, WD, WD45, 190XT, and he just picked up a pristine resored IH 184. So between me and him we have plenty of stuff to burn dead dinosaurs in!

Back